Teensy 4XWide/5.0 Dream

Stradm

First the Arduino/Teensy4.0 is incredible. The computational power, and on board features are unbelievable.

I know the pinout of the board is a huge topic of debate, and so is the form factor. If I could get more signals "that I want out the world would be brighter". I'm sure everyone has ideas. So my idea is can an extra row or even 2 extra rows of vias be added to the outside of the current vias. This will not really change anything. Users could populate only the signals they want to use with pins, and still breadboard, or users could make their own circuit board with double row pins/sockets. The cost to make should be almost 0 extra, and then we could start to talk about who's pins get out!

I have not seen this idea. If this has already been proposed and rejected, please just link the discussion.
Thanks Doug

teensy40_XW_front.jpg

There is a now closed thread created in Oct 2019 while a next Teensy follow on to the 4.0 was being discussed. That idea was presented and passed over on that thread. What the new Teensy 4+ will be is … in production in coming season and will be as Paul noted on that thread - elongated in some fashion like 3.5 and 3.6.

Paul indicated he will present full details and info on that new Teensy as it is time.

Back