Cnc Grbl 1.1f for T4 imxrt1062

I am happy to help if you have any questions. Feel free to contact me here or via email.

For the GCode sender, the best solution right now is to use a Windows PC and run ioSender. It is very good.

Hi Phil, thank you for the immense effort you have clearly out into this board and for sharing the outcome!

I’d love to implement this controller on my small CNC mill, however I can’t find stock of it anywhere. I noted the Gerber files you kindly provided and I got as far as uploading them to JLCPCB and creating the BOM file from your user manual but I have stumbled at the point of the component placement file. Am I exposing my inexperience and not recognising the file in the zip?

If it’s possible to provide/point me to a placement file I would be most grateful, and would like to make a direct donation to you to make up for not ordering through Tindie etc if you would be happy with this?

Kind regards, James

Hi Phil, thank you for the immense effort you have clearly out into this board and for sharing the outcome!

I’d love to implement this controller on my small CNC mill, however I can’t find stock of it anywhere. I noted the Gerber files you kindly provided and I got as far as uploading them to JLCPCB and creating the BOM file from your user manual but I have stumbled at the point of the component placement file. Am I exposing my inexperience and not recognising the file in the zip?

If it’s possible to provide/point me to a placement file I would be most grateful, and would like to make a direct donation to you to make up for not ordering through Tindie etc if you would be happy with this?

Kind regards, James

I am out of stock right now but have a batch arriving in the next couple of days. And another batch is coming after that. Demand has been increasing and the Hackaday article was a bit of a tidal wave but I am committed to keep building them as long as there is demand. I can get a new batch in about a week or so - will just need to raise my restock trigger level.

What you ask for is very error prone. You are best served by building the cpl file from the eagle files. It requires some manipulation to get into a form that is acceptable by JLC. You will also need to iterate with JLC's placement to get the rotations correct. Make sure your gerbers, cpl and boms are from the same eagle files.

Thank you for the response. I guess it’s sensible to wait till you have stock and go from there rather than me risking making some awkward tea coasters!

I’ve joined the tindie waiting list so will see if I make the first batch. Thank you for your help.

I will post a message here when I know exact timing of the first delivery. Tindie waitlist is just for notifications, orders will be fulfilled FIFO.

I will post a message here when I know exact timing of the first delivery. Tindie waitlist is just for notifications, orders will be fulfilled FIFO.

FedEX says delivery on Tuesday 11/24. However, I have another package (unrelated) that arrived at Memphis within 20 minutes (probably on the same plane) of the Boards and they are saying that will be delivered on Monday. So, you might want to check Tindie on Monday. The wait list has gotten fairly long.

PhilB,

Is there a way to get a fully assembled setup including the Teensy and Ethernet connection?

I would rather pay a little more than worry about how good/bad my soldering skills have gotten and possibly damaging something.

Thanks!

PhilB,

Is there a way to get a fully assembled setup including the Teensy and Ethernet connection?

I would rather pay a little more than worry about how good/bad my soldering skills have gotten and possibly damaging something.

Thanks!

At this time, unfortunately, no. A lot (most?) people don't want to assemble a kit. It definitely limits the available market for a product.

Only through hole components need to be soldered on and they are pretty resilient. You have to work at it to damage them.

That said, I am thinking about offering a fully assembled board (minus the teensy) in the future. I am seeing enough orders to make it economically viable. If you don't mind me asking, how much you think is a reasonable price increase for a fully assembled board? (minus the teensy, though).

At this time, unfortunately, no. A lot (most?) people don't want to assemble a kit. It definitely limits the available market for a product.

Only through hole components need to be soldered on and they are pretty resilient. You have to work at it to damage them.

That said, I am thinking about offering a fully assembled board (minus the teensy) in the future. I am seeing enough orders to make it economically viable. If you don't mind me asking, how much you think is a reasonable price increase for a fully assembled board? (minus the teensy, though).

PhilB,

Thanks for the clarification on the kit assembly.

While I have no understanding of the time involved putting one together, I completely believe in paying for a quality service. Depending on the level of complexity, I would think up to the cost of the unit would be reasonable in my opinion. If the time involved would justify a higher price, I would definitely entertain it. I would pay that to know I was getting a functional board that is already assembled, minus the teensy.

JZT

Back