Excessive minute delay between compile finishing and uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardFerraro

My system was working great, until a few weeks ago when excessive delay (almost a minute) between compile finishing and uploading to Teensy 3.6
After the delay started, I updated to Arduino 1.8.11 and TeensyDuino 1.50 but the delay remained.
I have McAfee with real-time scanning turned off.
I am using TyCommander, but the delay is the same if I use the Teensy loader.

The program has a lot of components yet the compile is fast and it rapidly gets to:

"C:\\Arduino\\hardware\\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-size" -A "C:\\Users\\Richa\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\arduino_build_398176/Cat.ino.elf"
Sketch uses 720420 bytes (68%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1048576 bytes.
Global variables use 95452 bytes (36%) of dynamic memory, leaving 166692 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 262144 bytes.

However, then there is approx 60 second long delay with no output until:

C:\Teensy\TyTools-0.9.0-win64\TyCommanderC.exe upload --autostart --wait --multi C:\Users\Richa\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_398176/Cat.ino.TEENSY36.hex
upload@6061510-Teensy Uploading to board '6061510-Teensy' (Teensy 3.6)
upload@6061510-Teensy Triggering board reboot
upload@6061510-Teensy Firmware: Cat.ino.TEENSY36.hex
upload@6061510-Teensy Flash usage: 704 kiB (68.7%)
upload@6061510-Teensy Uploading...
upload@6061510-Teensy Sending reset command

Any ideas?

Try IDE 1.8.12 and TeensyDuino 1.51.

IDE 1.8.11 had issues that caused 1.8.12 to be promptly released to revert some changes that may have something to do with it.

I updated to 1.8.12 and 1.51, same problem.

McAfee has no Defender, it has Real-Time Scanning which I have disabled.
If I don't disable it, then I can set exclusions. I just disable it.

thanks

However, then there is approx 60 second long delay with no output until:
What happens if you press the programing button before uploading?

I ask because I once had a similar problem with a buggy sketch which grabbed a lot of resources so that the rebooting took very long.

Solved - but troublesome

just returned to this problem and found the cause.

Due to the nature of my software, there are many files representing many individuals.
It was the excessive number of files and the number of machine generated functions within each file.

I reduced these for testing purposes, and Arduino returned from compile as expected.

I don't understand why Arduino.TeensyDuino gets hung up after successfully compiling but before releasing Arduino from the compile mode.

I will have to rewrite my program
to convert the functions to data structures.

thanks for the suggestions.

Richie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back