Is there a transistor similar to the SN74LV1T125, but the OE (enable) pad is switched

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelMeissner

Senior Member+
I tend to like using Teensys to drive small number of WS2812B's for costumes. In the past, the LC was my favorite Teensy for this purpose due to the built-in level shifter for the A3/17 pin.

But recently I moved to using the Teensy 4. Both of my previous LC's had solder damage due to heavy usage, and I like the idea of the on/off pin to turn off the Teensy. Originally I was going to VIN, A3/17, and ground connected to a SN74LV1T125 to safely convert the voltage. But I discovered that turning off the Teensy's VIN pin is still active when the microprocessor goes to sleep (which makes sense when I think about it), which meant that the WS2812B's would be left on, unless I specifically turned them off before pressing the on/off button.

Now it turns out, the WS2812B's that I was using can run at 3.3v, so I just used the 3.3v power (which is cut off when the power shutdown occurs). But not all of my WS2812B's can run at 3.3v. So I was wondering if there was a chip similar to the SN74LV1T125, but instead of OE being set to ground to enable the conversion, I would want OE being set high. Then I could connect:
  • Teensy VIN -> SN74LV<xxx> VCC + LED VCC
  • Teensy 3.3v -> SN74LV<xxx> OE
  • Teensy Ground -> SNL74LV<xxx> Ground + LED ground
  • Teensy A3 pin -> SNL74LV<xxx> A
  • Led DIN pin -> SNL74LV<xxx> T

What I'm looking for is something in the same form factor (SSOP) as the SN74LV1T125 but OE is inverted. Sure, I could use an inverter chip along with the converter, or more likely just keep using 3.3v, and making sure each LED functions at 3.3v.

If memory serves from some of my boards try the SN74LV1T126 like chips... That is 126 is OE and 125 is ~OE...

There are also chips that have both, I tried one awhile ago that had 4 in each direction (I believe).

But again remember I am a retired Software guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back