use of potentiometer on audio shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this isn't a silly question? I note that the thumb pot on the audio shield is down as optional. It is also specifies a 25k pot. Question is can I use a pot on pin 15 instead, or as well if fitted. If I can use separate pot, should it be 25k or 10k as with the other pots in the audio tutorial (kit). My pot should arrive in the post this morning, don't know if I should get the soldering iron warmed up. It also complicates whether you can put the while thing in a nice box, if you need access to the pot on the shield.
Note I am a computer "person" not electonics at all.

Question is can I use a pot on pin 15 instead

Yes.

Or you could use any other analog pin which isn't already in use by the audio shield (for digital data). Both Rev C and Rev D use various pins, so check the pin usage info for the version of the audio shield you have.

Remember, the pot only has an effect on the audio if your program uses analogRead() to read the pot's position and then use that info to control audio library parameters.

If I can use separate pot, should it be 25k or 10k

Any value between 1K to 50K should work. Higher values can be used too, but the measurements tend to be noisy or less stable. Lower values also work, but they will consume more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back