Testing feasability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro74

Hello, first i will thank teensy team, i kind of ones that are still stuck about new possibilities offers this new mcus world i find wonderfull.... since i have been mainly in analog since 6809 and atMegas DIP style.

Anyway, i wonder if i can use 30 pwm outputs with teensy 4.0 ?? Outputting in voltage with 80ohms resistors to mosfet gates, gate leakage around 10nA.
Should it work from teensy side ? Contolled by serial read on pin 0 ?

Which can be the maximum PWM Frequency ? Can i use 16bits resolution for all 30 outputs ?

Excuse my english.

MANY THANKS !!

The printed card shows which pins can be used:
card10a_rev1_web.png
card10b_rev1_web.png

I'm not sure about the max frequency.. might be F_CPU_ACTUAL / 16 (so, at 600MHz, 37.5MHz) ? at low resultion. for full 16 bit its much less.
@Paul, the documentation wants an update for Teensy 4:)

Last edited:
Alright . . .

Anyway,
I moved from 3.2 to 4.0 for obvious outputs speed reasons, same reasons i cannot use shift registers and why i need so many PWMs/Resolution.

Now i have been forced to quit the wonderful LXTeensyDMX which i loved for times now, could do many things with various stage lights products... ..Or :
Maybe is a way to get the kinetics.h ? :rolleyes:
.. Or maybe it is easy to make dumbly copying and just needs a huuuuuge time ??

Because i now try to make the TeensyDMX4.0.0 to understand something, but still always displays :

Starting BasicReceive.
Channel 1: 0
RGB: 0 0 0

I tried 2 different standard DMX controllers for now (24 and 192 channels).
Is the library locked onto waiting for 512 bytes between breaks ??
Or maybe the Lib is still learning how to swim ? No plans to make the LX to work on T4 ? Or even to make the 4.0.0.0 to be as good as the LX ?
I miss those "getSlot" and setSlot" !! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back