Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy LC unresponsive

Teensy LC unresponsive

I just bought a teensy LC. I soldered on headers, and then tried to see if I could upload some example code to the board. The light blinks when I turn on the board. I then pushed the button to upload the code. The light stops blinking, but the board does not register on the computer. I have 2 arduino uno r3's and one sparkfun red board and have been successful in programing those, so I know how arduino works, but have been able to figure out the world of teensy.
    I have already: 1. installed teensy loader 2. checked to see if I fried something while I was soldering and 3. checked to see if I have the right cord uninstalled and reinstalled arduino.
    If anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.
    thanks

a) You need to install teensyduino - the loader is not enough.
    b) Make sure you have the right cable. Some cables are for power only and have no data-lines.

I just downloaded teensyduino, but am still having the same problem. How can you tell if a usb cord is power only?

Try it with an other device which uses usb-data.

Then, you need select the Teensy form the menu in Arduino and compile a program to upload. Otherwise nothing will happen, too (with a brand-new fresh Teensy).
    Best is to use the "blink" from the Teensy-examples.