Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Mechanical drawings for Teensy 4.0

Mechanical drawings for Teensy 4.0

Hello,

Are there mechanical drawings available for the Teensy 4.0? I have looked in https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/dimensions.html but without much success.

Please note: I would need bottom pad location & dimensions as well as overall size (which seems to be the same as the 3.2).

Needed to design / check a host board.

I require this info as well for my senior design project. I need to place female headers on a PCB that I will design myself to plug the Teensy into.

They are posted in the Teensy 4.0 Beta thread - if not summarized anywhere else.

Multiple boards have been made already - not sure if any left drawing files.

Paul published on OSHPark a Breakout board for T_4.0 that mates POGO pins to the underpads.

Just did a bing search and came across this summary page pointing to the noted breakout boards: pjrc.com/breakout-board-for-teensy-4-0/

Dimensions are also placed prominently in post #3 :: Teensy-4-0-First-Beta-Test

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Hello,

Are there mechanical drawings available for the Teensy 4.0? I have looked in https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/dimensions.html but without much success.

Please note: I would need bottom pad location & dimensions as well as overall size (which seems to be the same as the 3.2).

Needed to design / check a host board.
    Some of the PCBs that have already been designed include the boards listed here:

For laying out the Teensy in a breadboard or prototype board, I like the FRDM board, and it is easier to solder pads 34-39 (meant for attaching the micro-SD reader). However, the addition of the USB host section kind of ruins laying it out on a prototype board (where you want to use the extra rows for connections).

If you need a smaller space and are doing a custom design, the blackketter board may be useful.

I have the loglow board, but I haven't attempted to solder it yet.

Paul's beta board is on the big side. A lot of the space is devoted to mapping the Teensy 4 layout to the Teensy 3 audio shield. Since the revision D shield is now shipping, we no longer need to do that mapping. Besides it looks rather complicate to setup.