Frequency counter with programmable offsets, what hardware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT390

Ok, total noob here. I would like to make a frequency counter that can display on a small oled, it needs to have 3 switchable offsets so at any one time it can display the same frequency from 3 different frequency inputs depending on which switch is active, frequency source to be measured would be a sine wave from a quartz crystal in a radio, in the range of 10Mhz to 30Mhz is this possible, and what hardware do I need to get started, size is also an issue so the smallest physical size of components is also a factor.
thank-you

Thanks, I had a quick look at FreqMeasureMulti, I dont need to measure or display more than one frequency simultaneously, for example, I just need to be able to switch the display to show 3 variations of the single actual frequency, say actual frequency +2500Hz, -2500Hz and +7500Hz, I would like to know what teensy board might be able to do this before I order one in case I order up the wrong thing

Ok here are the actual frequency offsets for the 3 modes, lets call the modes A,B and C.
I need to be able to switch between modes at any time. I will use the radio`s channel 19 as an example

In mode A ch.19 I would be reading a frequency of 4.900000 Mhz but need the display to show 27.185000 Mhz, so Mode A would read the base frequency but add 10.695000

In mode B ch.19 I would be reading a frequency of 4.925000 Mhz but need the display to show 27.185000 Mhz, so Mode B would read the base frequency but add 10.692500

In mode C ch.19 I would be reading a frequency of 4.875000 Mhz but need the display to show 27.185000 Mhz, so Mode C would read the base frequency but add 10.697500

These offsets A, B and C would be the same for every channel, only the actual base frequency would change for each channel. Would this be possible with a Teensy 4.0 and a modified version of Freqcount ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back