ADC Teensy 4.0 using pin 0 and 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

For a project I am in need to use both ADCs of the teensy 4.0 and want to sample 4 channels (2 on ADC0 and 2 on ADC1). I prefer to use the pins on the outside, therefor want to use pin 0 and 1 (ADC0):

Untitled.png

Is there a reason that would not work? I know in Arduino I have to assign an A channel to this but are there other reasons that it would not work (noise, layout etc)?

Thanks in advance

Bob

As far as I understand the Teensy 4.0 pinout pins 0 and 1 can not be connected to the ADCs. You must use a pin with an Axx designation.

On the chip these pins are called AD_B0_02 and AD_B0_03 and, from what I know the AD is for the analog channel. I agree they are not registered in Arduino with an Ax name/number. So my statement would be that these pins have analog functionality. Of course I could be wrong so that is why I want to double-check.

In the datasheet the pin GPIO_AD_B1_02 is mentioned in the ADC chapter whereas GPIO_AD_B0_02 is not. In the datasheet I don't find a way to connect pin 0 with the ADC.

You are completely correct when looking at the Reference manual the pin is not mentioned, thank you for pointing this out.

In the datasheet the pin GPIO_AD_B1_02 is mentioned in the ADC chapter whereas GPIO_AD_B0_02 is not. In the datasheet I don't find a way to connect pin 0 with the ADC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back