Teensy WIKI

Great !
I can check entries for correctness or fix some things - but for new articles, my English is not good enough :)

WAT? Come on, this is not novel writing, its technical stuff about microcontrollers. I'm quite sure that your english is more than sufficient for this :)

Good idea @luni - will see how far it goes.

Indeed Frank - your English is quite good, don't hesitate if you have something to add. Worst case we'll edit as needed :)

I just tested an edit - it worked! I changed the 500ms wait to::
void setup()
{
while(!Serial && millis() < 1000){} //wait (at most 1000 ms) until the connection to the PC is established

Setup() is entered about 300 ms after :: while (millis() < 300) ;

In my testing TyComm can see (Serial) in under 400 ms, but not always and the IDE tends to be slower ( when last tested ) and 500+ ms is typical and sometimes longer - especially if the user has to click a button to open SerMon.

Better to not set expectations too low and have users fail to get the first messages.

<edit>: Is there an HTML guide for github display? It has some special features - put to good use already - for better formatting and layout.

will see how far it goes.
Exactly, if it works out its good, if not: it was super easy to setup, so nothing is lost

I just tested an edit - it worked! I changed the 500ms wait to::
Great, keep the content coming.

I also added a stub to your TSet lib (Build Systems | TSet). Maybe you want to add some explanations and links?

Exactly, if it works out its good, if not: it was super easy to setup, so nothing is lost

Great, keep the content coming.

I also added a stub to your TSet lib (Build Systems | TSet). Maybe you want to add some explanations and links?

I added a quick note and link to TSET. :: github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/TSet

Since anyone can edit without invitation - how long until there is erroneous (or SPAM) content - how is that limited … other user needs to have a github account … and find the open wiki?

I love it. This is just the thing we need to create a more organized body of knowledge around the Teensy.

Safe to assume Paul has read this thread … or soon will. There was another attempt that came without comment - though this one seems better presented on github.

I added a FOOTER - it shows on all pages - it was a test - perhaps it could be improved:
Teensy is a PJRC trademark. Notes here are for reference and will typically refer to the ARM variants unless noted.
The link is to pjrc.com/teensy/first_use.html

Also added this under "Basics" to explain the button and out of box usage: github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/First-Things
First Things

All Teensy boards are factory tested and loaded with a simple BLINK sketch before packaged
As shipped this sketch is not USB Serial active and will not present as such on connecting to PC
The first programming of a Teensy board takes a Button Press
The Button on the Teensy is to enter Program mode, it is not a Reset button
Pressing the Button puts the Teensy into a HID mode to present a link to program the Teensy

This seems to grow quickly :)

I updated the Serial page https://github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/Serial showing how to use pictures . If you can't link to some place in the net you can also store pictures and other assets directly in the WIKI. To do so, you need to clone the WIKI locally. You then can add stuff to the assets folder. If you do so, please try not to make a mess in this folder (e.g. use subfolders).

It also shows how to add a TOC. While this can be done manually, there are a lot of extensions for vsCode (and probably to other editors as well) doing this automatically. (This of course also requires cloning the WIKI locally).

I've added a new page "GCC" - is it ok?

@Luni, where can I upload files - such as a special linkerfile version or screenshots?

@Luni, where can I upload files - such as a special linkerfile version or screenshots?
See one post above...

I've added a new page "GCC" - is it ok?
Sure it is.
Quick tip: code sections in GitHub Markdown start/end with 3 backticks

Code:
```
// some code
```

If you have some c++ code you can do

Code:
```c++           
void setup()
```

To get c++ syntax coloring

@luni, I use Gibthub Desktop - I dont see a assets folder.. and no wiki after cloning. What am I doing wrong ?

Forum links if done with Ctrl+L look like :: https://github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/Teensy-40%3A-SPDIF-in-and-Audioshield

Upper case L replace with 1
>> [UR1="https://github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/Teensy-40%3A-SPDIF-in-and-Audioshield"]https://github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/Teensy-40%3A-SPDIF-in-and-Audioshield[/UR1]

Doing that then removing the "https://" prefix prevents the forum form shortening it:

github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/Teensy-40%3A-SPDIF-in-and-Audioshield

… that was done in p#19 and p#22 above

@luni - Clone fails:
Code:
Cloning into 'C:\Users\Tim\Documents\GitHub\doc.wiki'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 15, done.        
remote: Counting objects:   6% (1/15)        

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Resolving deltas:   8% (14/165)
error: filename in tree entry contains backslash: 'Teensy-40:-S\-PDIF-in-and-Audioshield.md'
[/COLOR]

Resolving deltas:  18% (30/165)

…

Resolving deltas: 100% (165/165)

Resolving deltas: 100% (165/165), done.
[COLOR="#FF0000"]error: invalid path 'Teensy-40:-SPDIF-in-and-Audioshield.md'
fatal: unable to checkout working tree
[/COLOR]warning: Clone succeeded, but checkout failed.
You can inspect what was checked out with 'git status'
and retry with 'git restore --source=HEAD :/'

I don't see any view of 'assets' on www.github … but clone failed ...

Back