Looking for a "GUI" library for ILI9341

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Belov

I need to add a user interface to my Teensy 4 with ILI9341 touchscreen.
Looking for common things like edit boxes, scroll lists, on-screen keyboard, some kind of menu selectors, etc.

Can do it from scratch, of course, but a jump start will be good.
Doesn't have to be fancy, just functional and easy to use.

If you know of anything like that, please share.

Thanks.

Starting place? I have one I've written from scratch. It runs on a few Adafruit screens at the moment. But, it may be a little too rough for outsider's use. You are welcome to have a look.

libraries folder

You want the sub folder LC_Screen. Well, at least look here. There's a bunch of stuff and it all roots on the folder LC_baseTools

I use this stuff for everything I write. I do know each project is a bit of a re-learning curve setting everything up so yeah, it can be complicated. I've been slowly working on a wiki for it..

-jim lee

Thanks Jim,

I've started my own little thing here, just what I need, which is not much. I'm half-way done.
Looks like it may be longer to accommodate other people's things than make your own.

Hope do be done in a month or two with the whole guitar/synth effects "pedal", then I'll share the whole thing here.

Still waiting for Teensy 4.1 to finish the hardware, so finishing the software while waiting.

I hear you on writing one's own is easier to understand than wrapping your head around someone elses's ideas. Probably why so many of us end up writing our own.

Good luck with it! It'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

-jim lee

Thanks Brian,

This does look smooth.
The problem is that this kind of libraries probably depend on support for specific displays.

I'm saving all the good things people suggest here and will take a look if I need more than I already have.
I think I have a good start for what I need.

Will post here as soon as I have something half-decent.

Thanks Matrix,

This is pretty much what I have now, too. I also have buttons and hope to do the scroll list this week.
Also a text box with on-screen keyboard sometime soon.

I have the code on GitHub, but it's just too ugly to share yet.

@Jim Lee You're quite correct. I sometimes find others ideas lacking thorough documentation explaining their idea. I too wrote my own using the AdaFruit touch paint example and creating more various sized rectangular areas on the screen as touch points.

@grease_lighting Mine turned into pretty much a complete OS for Arduino kind of processors. (Mainly teensys) Multi sketch swapping, simple threading, a fancy file system, screen drawing, icons.. The sad part is, I doubt anyone but myself will ever use it. Its like playing an online game alone. Kinda' lonely. It would be neat to get someone else to try using it. But I totally understand why no one does. I'm just like everyone else, I hate trying to wrap my head around other people's ideas.

-jim lee

Jim, man, this is so sad. Ever heard of a donkey named Eeyore?
Put it on GitHub and post a link to it here and on arduino.cc forum.
This is what I'm going to do.

Just make your stuff user friendly and document it so that people can use it quickly.
This is what we all are here for.

I just finished a scroll list, the last piece I need for my GUI.
I have a checkbox, textbox which can turn into a scroll list, buttons. It's all very simple and easy to modify according you your personal OCD.
Will give it to the world along with guitar and synth effects when it's in any presentable shape.

There is enough depression in the news, let's cheer up her!!!

Eeyore_3-615x461.jpg

Hahah! Yeah. My Ma used to read those to me when I was but a we tot. Mmmm! Soup, grilled cheese sandwich and a chapter of Whinny the Pooh. Those were the days!

The code's already on Github. I've tried to share stuff, it just hardly ever works out. Even if I have the exact solution to a problem, its like I'm talking a different language. I do understand why though. By the time anyone is on the forums looking for help, their brain is maxed out trying to solve their problem. Typically, at that point, the last thing anyone wants is to look at some new complex thing.

-jim lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back