Processing + Teensy 4.0 - Serial, reprogramming issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BambooSam

Please forgive me if this is an obvious issue that I should understand by now considering I have been working with teensy and arduino since teensy 2 came out.

I am designing a led project around Teensy 4.0 which includes a bunch of led strips. I have cats, and they love to chase those moving lights! lol
So I have created a virtual led visualizer in Processing that basically grabs the frames via serial, and it works great. Only issue is in order to reprogram the Teensy 4.0 I need to close the processing application down which is really irritating and slows down the development process.

This is the error I get when I try to reprogram the sketch onto Teensy 4 while Processing app visualizer is running (Which is receiving and sending serial)
"Unable to open /dev/cu.usbmodem67022801 for reboot request
Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to enter program mode.
Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch"

I know this is an issue from using the native serial ports on Teensy. Is there a simple solution around this"? Preferably bot having to use another microcontroller as a serial bridge?

Teensy4 has multiple Serial, You may use another Serial say Serial1 for your App visualizer and use Native USB Serial interface for programming purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back