Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 4.0 librarys

Teensy 4.0 librarys

Hey guys,

as I recognized there is no information about Teensy 4.0 librarys on pjrc...
    Did I just not find them or is there really no documentation concerning these librarys?
    https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Wire.html to understand me better threre´s a link for the wire library (and just examples/pinouts/... for teensys 2-3.x)

Are these documentations probably gonna be published on this next time? Or is there any information concerning 4.0 librarys on another page?

Thanks in advance,
    Ben!

Many if not most, and all core bus libraries - especially Wire (master) - have working T_4.0 support. And the examples should work like they do for T_3.2, T_LC or 3.5 and 3.6 in spite of missing details for those ARM processors on some pages.

They work with the pins as indicated on the T_4.0 card for the indicated - SDA/SCL pins 0/1/2 as indicated for Wire/Wire1/Wire2 pins.

Other notes and details for other libraries may show up in a forum thread search. If something needed is found to not work with the latest TD 1.51 or in progress Beta 1.52 please post.

Note: there are some libraries that may be still missing some functionality and/or other libraries developed by other people which may not be converted yet to T4.

Examples: with Wire (I2C), I am not sure if slave mode of the Wire library has been implemented yet. Likewise I don't think that the i2c_t3 library has been converted to work with T4.

But it is very possible I missed seeing when either of these two things were done.

Here a good summary about I2C, the related libraries and their T4 status from MichaelMeissner https://github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/I2C#i2c. Maybe that helps...

Sorry, almost all the library pages still haven't been updated, even though nearly all the libraries have been ported. I keep falling behind on trying to do too many things, and the website documentation always seem to be the part most neglected.

When we release 1.52, I definitely need to do much more on the website. Several of the remaining popular libraries & features for Teensy 3.x that weren't working in 1.51 are now working in 1.52-beta1. The website updates will be simpler, since 1.52 completely

Wire works great for master mode on Teensy 4.0. So far slave mode isn't supported.