Arduino IDE crashes after installing teensyduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjrob

This is a Macbook Pro running macOS High Sierra (10.13.6). Arduino IDE is 1.8.12.
Before installing Teensyduino, the Arduino IDE worked fine with my Arduino Mega 2560.

I then installed Teensyduino 1.51 via the link labeled "Macintosh OS-X Installer (10.7 - 10.14)". I told it to use /Applications/Arduino.app -- Succeeded.

My brand new Teensy 4.0 is connected via USB, its orange LED blinks, and stops when I push the button.

When I run the Arduino IDE, I get "Arduino quit unexpectedly". Happens multiple times, every time.

Suggestions?

(No source code to post -- didn't get that far.)

I rebooted the laptop. No change.

I re-installed the Arduino IDE; works with my Mega 2560.

I installed teensyduino from the link labeled "Macintosh OS Software (10.10 - 10.15)". LINK ERROR: THIS IS A COPY OF THE ARDUINO IDE; it does not know about Teensy boards. I'll report that separately as a bug in the website.

Try again: I installed teensyduino from the link labeled "Macintosh OS-X Installer (10.7 - 10.14)", telling it to use /Applications/Arduino.app.

This time it works: I can select Teensy 4.0 in the Arduino IDE, I get a small popup window/app "Teensy", and my sketch runs OK.

My mistake.

The link labeled "Macintosh OS Software (10.10 - 10.15)" downloads an Arduino IDE that does know about Teensy boards (as well as the usual Arduino boards). So I have not reported a bug.

The other Mac link, labeled "Macintosh OS-X Installer (10.7 - 10.14)", downloads a .dmg that installs Teensy software into an already-running Arduino.app.

Did downloading/installing the "Macintosh OS-X Installer (10.7 - 10.14)" resolve this issue for you? I'm having the same problem and have been using "Macintosh OS-X Installer (10.7 - 10.14)" with the Arduino IDE and it keeps crashing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back