Suggestion: Archive with older Teensyduino versions

drnicolas

I do not find a way to go back to an earlier version of teensyduino . Seems I can download only the latest version (which is 1.51) or a beta

Having a list of downloadable versions would be nice

This is really good idea.
As Frank said there is way to replace and get the files but still if we do have dedicated page then that might be easy to search for anybody.

Old versions all the way back to 0.95 are still on the server. Just edit the link as Frank described.

Eventually the server's disk space will fill up (unless we upgrade) but so far we're at 56%, so that day is a long way off. However, the many beta versions (typically 3-4 before each release) were using far too much space, so those aren't on the server.

To downgrade, usually you must extract a fresh copy of Arduino. The older installers don't know how to delete files that the newer ones have added. The result can be a corrupted installation, because Arduino tries to compile the extra/future files which rarely are compatible with the older code. Newer installers check for this and refuse to install over the top of a "future" version. But the very old installers didn't check this and will happily install when they shouldn't, leaving you with a corrupted set of code. Get a fresh copy of Arduino to avoid this pitfall.

Also remember to pay attention to the installer's intro page. Normally people don't read anything on the intro page. But it has the list of which versions of Arduino that installer supports. If you want to use the same version of Arduino, get version 1.8.5, which is supported from Teensyduino 1.40 to present.

To downgrade, usually you must extract a fresh copy of Arduino.
Ah ! my bad !! Now I think what we are currently is best as this may avoid users to go with wrong combination of Teensyduino and Arduino.

Back