How to store raw wav file to Teensy 3.2+propshield

choimunken

Hi,

Could anyone please advice? I know there is this site that teach how the steps https://github.com/FrankBoesing/TeensyTransfer .

I already upload the teensy transfer tool to my teensy. But whats next? As in, do I have to open the command line to perform the read write (-w) ? But how do I open the command line and link it with my teensy?

I'm a newbie to this and has very minor knowledge about coding. Hope there is someone could guide me step by step.

You need to download the TeensyTransfer to the Teensy using RawHID as the connection type.

Then you need to close your Arduino IDE, but keep the Teensy plugged in.

You then do whatever incantation to get to a command line on your system, and execute the appropriate Teensy Transfer for your system. The Teensy Transfer program will then look up USB devices connected to the system, and pick the Teensy running Teensy Transfer.

Do whatever you need to do. I typically do a 'teensytransfer -i' to make sure it is connected and 'teensytransfer -l' to see what is already there.

If I need to erase the chip, I use 'teensytransfer -e'. Note this step will take some time. If it comes back immediately, it is likely the flash memory is not connected.

As a precaution, after downloading the files (with -w), I go into another directory and upload the files (with -r), and compare the files read with the original.

Filenames need to be 8+3.

Then after that you fire up the Arduino IDE once again, and download whatever sketch you want to the Teensy (you probably need to change the connection type from RawHID to Serial).

Hi there, thanks I geddit now. So when i open the windows command prompt and prompt it to the transfer file, it will eventually detect my teensy connected to usb. I was able to do -i .
But when i tried to execute -w, i got the message below:
C:\Users\Choi\Desktop\TeensyTransfer-master\TeensyTransfer-master\extras\teensytransfer>teensytransfer -w eeprom saberon.wav
Unable to read saberon.wav

Do you have any idea what this might be?

Hi there, thanks I geddit now. So when i open the windows command prompt and prompt it to the transfer file, it will eventually detect my teensy connected to usb. I was able to do -i .
But when i tried to execute -w, i got the message below:
C:\Users\Choi\Desktop\TeensyTransfer-master\TeensyTransfer-master\extras\teensytransfer>teensytransfer -w eeprom saberon.wav
Unable to read saberon.wav

Do you have any idea what this might be?
I would imagine saberon.wav is not in the directory your command line tool is running from. You may need to use SABERON.WAV instead of saberon.wav.

Thanks for this.
I have followed all the install instructions to the letter.
I have followed your extra tips above but still get the same "communication error"

C:\Lightsaber>teensytransfer -w saberon.raw
teensytransfer: Communication error

The file is less than 8 characters
It is in RAW mode converted using Audacity as advised in other threads

I have swapped out the USB cable because I thought there was maybe a faulty cable hence the communication error
I just don't know what else to do.
I am running Ardiuno 1.8.19 with teensy 3.2 and Propshield.

I am stuck for further ideas. We just can't seem to load the sound file on the teensy board.

I am not sure where I got the teensytransfer tool from as the github links go to a 404 error -

Please help me.

I am getting the following

I've recently obtained a Teensy LC and Prop for a project and discovered the Teensy Transfer Github is missing. I'm at a loss as I've found no alternate method of loading audio files to this board. Anyone have a copy of Teensy Transfer they can share, or some alternate way of getting my audio files copied over?

Another method is to convert them to C-style arrays in an include file and then ensure they stay in flash via the PROGMEM attribute.

I appreciate the reply. I did go this path as my audio is very small currently but worry if I need to use more or larger clips I won't have enough space for this. I've also ordered an SD adapter to try but there, I worry about speed.

I've recently obtained a Teensy LC and Prop for a project and discovered the Teensy Transfer Github is missing. I'm at a loss as I've found no alternate method of loading audio files to this board. Anyone have a copy of Teensy Transfer they can share, or some alternate way of getting my audio files copied over?

There is work in progress to make the various flash memories available as a USB removable drive. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to keep up with it. Maybe somebody else can chime in with the current state of affairs.

I did update the Teensy Transfer for Teensy 4.0 at one point, and I put it on my web site in 2020:

Back