CS42448 TDM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoeusFowl

Hey everyone (Code in the bottom),

Introduction

I have bought a Teensy 3.6 and an audioboard (https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/2Yj6rFaW) and have been through the basic tutorials.
To start with I just want it to throw out a sinus at some frequency on the DAC of the CS42448. To this I have used the audio system design tool (https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/) and have made the following design (picuture):
GUI1.png

The Problem

Disclaimer: I am a noob in the sense that I am new to this and the problem might be straightforward, so please bear with me.

When I run the program all i get on measurement (Using analog discovery) on Pin 23(yellow) and Pin 22(blue) is what is show in the picture below. But do not get a signal out on any of the jackports!
TDM BUS1.png

I sincerely thank you all for your time and help beforehand!

Code:
#include <Audio.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <SD.h>
#include <SerialFlash.h>

// GUItool: begin automatically generated code
AudioSynthWaveformSine   sine1;          //xy=493,291
AudioOutputTDM           tdm1;           //xy=663,388
AudioConnection          patchCord1(sine1, 0, tdm1, 0);
AudioControlCS42448      cs42448_1;      //xy=489,513
// GUItool: end automatically generated code

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
  AudioMemory(40);              //Sat til 40 fordi det rådede de til på PJRCs forum
  cs42448_1.enable();
  cs42448_1.volume(1);
  sine1.frequency(2000);
  sine1.amplitude(0.5);
}
void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
}

Your code looks fine to me. SDIN looks good but LRCK doesn't. Those spikes in the yellow trace appear to be ~22uS apart, which would be approx 44100Hz. Check your soldering.

Thanks for you input. I did find a short circuit between pin 63 (SCL) and pin 62 (DGND) which is shown in the picture below. I did not find any other short circuits on the Teensy breakout or on the Audioboard.

PinShorting.jpg

However this doesn't seem to change anything. I also made sure that it starts the CS42448 in the code. To do this I turn on the onboard LED/Pin13 if .enable() doesnt work.
When I did a recording in waveforms i got the picture below:

TDM BUS2.png

Hey there again! After fixing the short circuit it was an error 40 (because the error is placed 40 cm from the screen - me), in other words a software problem.

So it is now fixed. Thank you for your help!

haha.. I knew the problem between the ears, but not the error 40 :)
I hope I remember this when I need it next time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back