Time for a new Audiolibrary

I totally understand your point of view.
I never used the Audio Library and don't know how much work it would take, I guess "a lot of".
I seem to see a certain interest: many outstanding featured Teensy projects from skilled people are centered on the Audio Library; but as you say, we're looking at a demanding task which would need a large coordinated volunteer effort.
I would gladly help for simpler tasks and tests, but I guess it's too little too late.

My point was a better std frequency that - by the way - also supports the ADC, PWM , ADAT and more without dirty tricks.
I don't need all that, but all are crying about the missing Audio-ADC/Audio-PWM support. A very good ADC PCM1808 breakout is about 4 €. MQS (way better than PWM) is builtin into T4. <0.5$ I2S-DACs are available. With the great audioshield, you get both (and more!)

Samplerate-conversion does not help anyone. It can be used for special cases, but is no preferrable solution. Same for other suggestions. I don't get the need for 32-Bit audio, too.
If one really needs high-professional-audio, why not buy professional audio equipment or spend some $$$ for somebody who writes the code.
Arduino/Teensy is *still* for beginners, not professionals.

Last edited:
Wow, Frank b, your last two posts on this thread are really destructive. So everybody makes on his/her own. Cool for that. But what do you want here then?

:)
Realistic, not destructive.
I don't stop you :)
Let's see if we have a audio lib with all that wanted features in .. let's say one year(?)
I'd appreciate it.
But I'm not betting on that horse.

Hello Frank B!

I would really love for 48k + 8 ADAT out to happen for a sampler project I have just started looking into. Ideally I would like to have it running before gigs pick back up again. I have looked into it and I don't have the skills necessary to get ADAT working on T4.

My fall back is TDM but there isn't any options without soldering SMD and ADAT allows access to so many top end studio interfaces and insulates the interface from the teensy as you know already.

If I was to send you some ADAT hardware would you be interested in looking into it? You can keep the ADAT interface for future development/enjoying surround sound/recording multi channel audio/propping up books with afterwards. I was considering offering to send the hardware to Paul as well but he is in the states so not as easy transport wise.

Hm, not a good time for this..I'll be moving shortly, and I won't have much time.
At the earliest, after the summer. Sorry.

Back