[queued] KODI IR receiver

Dave W.

Having desired a very flexible and reliable IR receiver and transmitter pair for my home theater, which centers on KODI, I found several unsatisfactory offerings. So I built one now in it's 3rd generation and with much simpler HW then previous. The HW consists of a Teensy 3.2 and a TSOP4838 IR receiver (3 for $10 - Amazon). The remote I chose was the Inteset ($26 - Amazon) because of its 48 programmable buttons times four modes and it's programming capabilities which includes multi-button macros. I would be happy to post the code if anyone is interested.

Oh yeah, post more. ;D
It is always a good idea to post the fruit of your effort with MIT License, to help the development of a universal maker platform like this. Ever thought about that in the first place?

Deleted User,
There are a lot of IR receivers so I wasn't sure anyone would be interested in this one.. But you are welcome to it.

Attachments

• TV_IR.ino
    24.5 KB · Views: 83
  • TV_STRUCT.h
    13.5 KB · Views: 87
Deleted User,
Should you decide to try it you will find:
1. It is not very directional.
2. It is highly discriminatory against signals that don't apply to it.
3. It is fast and very reliable never missing one that does.

It supports a fairly complete KODI command set and it is easily modified via changes to the tables in the header to send any keyboard combination needed so will work with most any OS and program. Obviously it will work with any remote capable of sending a NEC IR stream but it's hard to beat the flexibility and price of the Inteset.

Back