Configuring Extenal Interrupts (Teensy LC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolwiseMD

Flipping the state of Pin 0 with this script does not invert the LED. Any help appreciated:
Code:
#include <avr/io.h>
#include <avr/interrupt.h>

volatile bool LED_State = LOW;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
    pinMode(0, INPUT);
    attachInterrupt(digitalPinToInterrupt(0), startBit_isr, FALLING);

pinMode(23, OUTPUT); // LED for debugging
    LED_State = HIGH;
    digitalWrite(23, LED_State);
    sei();
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
    delay(1000);
}

void startBit_isr()
{
    LED_State = !LED_State;
    digitalWrite(23, LED_State);
}

Is there an LED on pin #23? The Teensy LED is on LED_BUILTIN or 13.

Also depending on how noisy the falling edge is delivered it may repeat multiple times - an even number of times will result in it staying off with the ON states being super short duration.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's better to define pinMode(0, INPUT) as pinMode(0, INPUT_PULLUP) to make sure the input pin is not floating.
How are you exactly flipping the state of Pin 0?

This code works on T_3.6 for the Pin 13==LED_BUILTIN LED with a switch on Pin 2 to GND - note added INPUT_PULLUP to pin 2.
Code:
volatile bool LED_State = LOW;

void setup() {
	Serial.begin(115200);
	while (!Serial && millis() < 4000 );
	Serial.println("\n" __FILE__ " " __DATE__ " " __TIME__);
	pinMode(2, INPUT_PULLUP);
	attachInterrupt(digitalPinToInterrupt(2), startBit_isr, FALLING);

pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT); // LED for debugging
	LED_State = HIGH;
	digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LED_State);
}

void loop() {
	delay(1000);
}

void startBit_isr()
{
	LED_State = !LED_State;
	digitalWriteFast(LED_BUILTIN, LED_State);
}

UPDATED <edited> :: Not all T_LC pins are interrupt capable : moving to Pin #2 works where Pin 0 does not based on the back of the card as noted below.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input.

For clarity:

Yes my LED is on Pin 23 (I am using 13 for TPM0 count input, not in the example script).
I have an external 1K pullup resistor driving a 100uF cap in Pin 0.

I can see Pin 0 going up and down on my scope.

I have tried defragster's code and though the built-in LED lights it does not respond to changes of the input. I do get the serial burst. (I like that I'll use it again.)

A-ha! Tried using Pin 4 and all works! What a waste of time.
Pin 0 works fine as output. Maybe not supported as interrupt on LC?

Anyway I'm all happy now. Thanks everyone.

On a different track whilst we're in flow...

When I upload to the Teensy the connection to Teensy Serial Monitor is dropped, as expected. Now I seem to remember when I was using Arduinos last, the Serial monitor came live again after the upload completed. It doesn't do this on the Teensy, which calls for some timely mouse work. Is this normal?

Also my uploads ALWAYs request a button push. However if I wait about 10 seconds everything continues correctly.

(I run Win7 which may speak volumes - but it's OK on the Arduino Nano).

Note, on the LC, not all pins can be attached to interrupts. If you turn to the back of the pinout card that came with the LC, you will see that pins 0, 1, 16/A2, 17/A3, 18/A4, 19/A5, 24/A10, 25/A11, and 26/A12 do not have an 'INT' next to the pin. This means you can't do an attachInterrupt on this particular pin. On all other ARM teensys, the digital pins can be used with attachInterrupt.

The online version of the pinout card is at: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/pinout.html.

Note, on the LC, not all pins can be attached to interrupts. If you turn to the back of the pinout card that came with the LC, you will see that pins 0, 1, 16/A2, 17/A3, 18/A4, 19/A5, 24/A10, 25/A11, and 26/A12 do not have an 'INT' next to the pin. This means you can't do an attachInterrupt on this particular pin.

Good catch - that detail wasn't referenced here either :(. I had a ready T_3.6 and it worked … also worked moving to T_4.0 … I have a properly usable _T_LC in arm's reach

Moving to pin #2 works:
Code:
// …
	pinMode(2, INPUT_PULLUP);
	attachInterrupt(digitalPinToInterrupt(2), startBit_isr, FALLING);
// ...

p#4 above edited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back