CS42448 board pin update for teens 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same pins as for the 2 channel Audio Board. TDM uses the same pins as I2S, but in a different way. SPI is also remapped.

Here's a screen capture from my updated CS42448 board, of the T3/4 jumpers section https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58836-CS42448-board-update-for-T4-pinouts-and-improved-performance? The revised CS42448 board will be shared, probably on PCBWay, rather than OSHpark, as I'm not in the US and a Chinese manufacturer makes more sense from Oz.

cs42448 part.PNG

I hope this helps.

Hello Palmerr,

I came across this thread looking for information on the SPI for audio. I notice you have some jumpers for selecting a SCK, and a MOSI. I'm actually a little confused by how it's wired. Looks like you share MOSI with a bunch of things... Not sure why.

Pin 14 (connected to your SCK jumper) is used for SPDIF OUT and Pin D7 (connected to MOSI jumper) is used for OUT1A in my design.

Pin 13 (SCK) is wide open. Pin 22 (MOSI) is also open.

If I leave off your jumpers and rely on pins 13 (SCK), 22 (MOSI), 11 (MOSI), 12 (MISO) will your Ethernet Audio library run? I'm not particularly familiar with SPI. Will the MOSI and MISO pins work of of "OUT1A, OUT1B, IN1, IN2," etc? I assume not, actually. I believe the Teensy sends the SPI data up and back the MOSI/MISO lines to and from the ethernet controller, right?

I'm including SPI in the Audio Toolkit for Ethernet connectivity on that board. I don't want it to interfere with the audio lines in any way, which will be used further down the stack on other ADC/DAC's. The idea is to interface the stacked boards with the ethernet as yet another IO method.

Thank you for the help. Sorry for taking over this thread, but it's pertinent to the data in the image.
Jay

It is helpful to look at the Audio Shield for the Teensy (https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy3_audio.html) which covers the pinouts. Note, the Audio connections for Teensy 4 (using the revision D of the audio shield) is completely different from the Teensy 3.1, 3.2, 3.5, and 3.6 boards:

The pins for Teensy 3.1, 3.2, 3.5, and 3.6 are:
  • GND -- Ground pin used for the SPI devices
  • Pin 6 -- SPI CS pin if you solder a flash memory chip on to the Audio board
  • Pin 7 -- Alternate SPI MOSI pin (used for flash memory and SD card)
  • Pin 9 -- I2S BCLK pin
  • Pin 10 -- SPI CS pin for the SD card reader on the Audio board
  • Pin 11 -- I2S MCLK pin
  • Pin 12 -- Standard SPI MISO pin (used for flash memory and SD card)
  • Pin 13 -- I2S DOUT pin (data from audio device to Teensy)
  • Pin 14 -- Alternate SPI CLK pin (used for flash memory and SD card)
  • Pin 15 -- Pin for analog pot on the audio shield (not needed on other chips)
  • Pin 18 -- I2C SDA pin (used to control the SGTL5000 chip on the audio shield)
  • Pin 19 -- I2C SCL pin (used to control the SGTL5000 chip on the audio shield)
  • Pin 22 -- I2S DIN pin (data from the Teensy to the audio device)
  • Pin 23 -- I2S LRCLK pin
  • 3.3v -- Power
  • AGND -- Analog ground pin used for I2S

Revision C of the audio shield added a 100 ohm resistor between MCLK and pin 11.

Pins 18/19 have 2.2K ohm pull-up resistors between each of the pins and 3.3v to make I2C work correctly.

Revision D of the audio shield has this pinout:
  • GND (next to pin 0), connected to the audio shield SPI devices
  • Pin 6 -- SPI CS pin if you solder a flash memory chip on to the Audio board
  • Pin 7 -- I2S DIN (data from the Teensy to the audio device)
  • Pin 8 -- I2S DOUT (data from the audio device to the Teensy)
  • Pin 10 -- SPI CS pin for the SD card reader on the Audio board
  • Pin 11 -- Standard SPI MOSI pin for the flash memory chip and SD reader
  • Pin 12 -- Standard SPI MISO pin for the flash memory chip and SD reader
  • Pin 13 -- Standard SPI CLK pin for the flash memory chip and SD reader
  • Pin 15 -- Pin for analog pot on the audio shield (not needed on other chips)
  • Pin 18 -- I2C SDA pin (used to control the SGTL5000 chip on the audio shield)
  • Pin 19 -- I2C SCL pin (used to control the SGTL5000 chip on the audio shield)
  • Pin 20 -- I2S LRCLK pin
  • Pin 21 -- I2S BCLK pin
  • Pin 23 -- I2S MCLK pin
  • 3.3v -- Power
  • GND -- Ground pin between VIN and 3.3v pins is used for I2S grounding.

Like the revision C board, there is a 100 ohm resistor between MCLK and pin 23.

Like the revision C board, there are 2 2.2K ohm pull-up resistors for pins 18/19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back