LED Matrix driver for T4.0 using FlexIO parallel out, FlexPWM, DMA, & SmartLED shield

Noticed your ported fork - https://github.com/easone/SmartMatrix

Absolutely bloody brilliant! Works just fine out of the box with the modded V4 shield.

Thanks! I finally got a full port of the library working with layers and the SmartMatrix API and so on. There are still some bugs I'm working out but it's functional. Let me know if you encounter any problems!

It works with both Teensy 4.0 and 4.1 using Teensyduino 1.52. As before, the shield needs 4 jumper wire cross connections and also needs pins 32 and 33 connected to the shield. On teensy 4.0, those are bottom pads which need to be soldered. On Teensy 4.1 they are normal external pins. The following connections are required: pins 10 & 14, 2 & 12, 11 & 20, 9 & 21, 5 & 32, and 3 & 33.
JumperWires.jpegShieldV4_Teensy41.jpg

With @easone's help I designed a SmartLED Shield for Teensy 4 and placed an order for prototypes. In the meantime, I designed an adapter so that a Teensy 4.0/4.1 can be plugged into a SmartLED Shield for Teensy 3, and the (currently untested) adapter design is published and ready to order from OSH Park. I'm posting about this on the SmartMatrix Community forum, and planning to post updates to just one forum, so feel free to check out what's going on in this thread: https://community.pixelmatix.com/t/teensy-4-0-released/498/32

21c6bee41b7744a88bc1f9692bf4723bcbebfe6b.png

Hi.

Does anyone know if it is possible to emulate a new SPI port using Flexio?
For my application I need two SPI ports, and of the four LPSPIs that the RT1062 has, one is used by SD, the other by QSPI, another is free for my application, and the fourth is being used by the Smartmatrix library.

I thought I could remove the QSPI, always boot from SD and use that SPI port that would be free for my design, or emulate a new SPI with Flexio. I have no experience with Teensy 4 yet, I thought I read that Flexio allows adding and emulating new ports, if so it would be the best solution, if it does not conflict with the SmartMatrix library.

Regards

I missed your question Luis, but it seems possible. I'm using KurtE's FlexIOSPI driver to drive APA102 LEDs on the SmartLED Shield for Teensy 4, as the only SPI port on breadboard-friendly pins conflicts with SmartMatrix. I'm only using SCK and MOSI functionality, but if you have enough FlexIO pins you can use MISO (and CS?) as well.

Back