teensy 3.5 USB/programming issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlavigne

Hi all,

I have been working on a project with a few teensy 3.5's for a while. The programing always seemed flaky, but it has recently become very bad- programming requires deleting the driver and disconnecting the USB, holding the reset, reconnecting the usb, and even then it only will program 1 out of every 5-10 times.
Thinking this was an issue with hardware, I substituted in my other teensy 3.5 no dice, new USB cables, same problem. I am running windows 10 on my workstation (although it would act up on windows 7 before i updated the machine, too), so i assumed it was a windows issue. I followed the instructions to install the teensyduino package on an old laptop running Ubuntu 18.04, and do not even see the serial port showing up. An Adafruit BT module shows up (via "ls /dev/*tty*") using the same cable and USB port, so all my hardware checks out.
Both of my Teensy 3.5's have been programmed in Arduino many times previously, so the HID vs serial shouldn't be an issue.
49-teensy.rules is installed in the default location (etc/udev/rules.d).
"lsusb" does not show anything when the teensy is plugged in or unplugged (but does show other usb devices: flash drive, phone, Adafruit feather, etc). Same for "udevadmin monitor"

all of the rest of the communication issue threads seem to at least be able to see the teensy via lsusb or udevadmin...

I'm just not sure where to look at this point, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back