"Detecting libraries used... Error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-rowe

I just installed Arduino 1.18.12 and Teensyduino 1.51. I opened the blink example for teensy3.1. The first compile and load was successful, but the second attempt results in a compile error. The only way to get past this is to restart Arduino, but the compile will only work on the first attempt and then fails on all next attempts. The verbose output on the error is shown below. Any suggestions on why this is happening?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\e212010\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=serial,speed=96,opt=o2std,keys=en-us -vid-pid=0X16C0_0X0483 -ide-version=10812 -build-path C:\Users\e212010\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_701067 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\e212010\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_643651 -verbose C:\Users\e212010\Documents\Arduino\Blink_teensy3\Blink_teensy3.ino
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\e212010\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=teensy:avr:teensy31:usb=serial,speed=96,opt=o2std,keys=en-us -vid-pid=0X16C0_0X0483 -ide-version=10812 -build-path C:\Users\e212010\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_701067 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\e212010\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_643651 -verbose C:\Users\e212010\Documents\Arduino\Blink_teensy3\Blink_teensy3.ino
Using board 'teensy31' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr
Using core 'teensy3' from platform in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr
Detecting libraries used...
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1.

I reverted to older versions..

Arduino = 1.6.1
Teensyduino = 1.21

I chose these because it replicated a working setup on on older Win10 machine. I am able to get my sketches to compile without the previous reported error. I suspect it is an Arduino issue, but I would appreciate any advice on where to report/resolve the issue with the newer versions.

Using IDE 1.82 here and TeensyDuino 1.52 beta 2 and the :: T:\arduino-1.8.12\examples\Teensy\Tutorial1\Blink

Compiles and uploads twice for T_4 and T_3.2 without issue.

The file name isn't just BLINK from the examples - is there something else changed in the code?

Maybe the computer { Anti Virus or other protection } is stopping access/changes to existing files?

I would also suspect virus protection or the like.

I also would check out your <Arduino Sketches>/libraries folder and see what all is in there. i.e. do you have a lot of libraries stored there? If so maybe temporarily see what happens if you rename the folder libraries to something like libraries_save and maybe restart arduino and then see if it still happens.

Also I would exit arduino, and go into your temp directory and clear a lot (or all) of it.
One way of doing this is to have a browser window open, and in the address area, type in: %temp%
This should get you to that folder. At which point I would select all folders with names like arduino_build... and arduino_cache... and delete them and see if that helps.

And I would verify that I have a reasonable amount of free disk space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back