Please test this example on Teensy 3.6 for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellis

Hi all, I'm having problems programming sound effects into a guitar pedal I am building. I'm using Teensy 3.2 without audio shield, just using filters and adc-dac.

I am unable to control many effects including reverb parameters (they are stuck at max) and waveshaper. The waveshape example shown below has no effect on the sine-wave generated and I am wondering if it is a hardware issue. If somebody could test the example below on a 3.6 (or even 3.2 with shield?) and let me know if it works then I would be very grateful and can figure out where to go with my project.

Waveshape example - https://github.com/dxinteractive/Tee...ster/README.md

Code:
#include <Audio.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <SD.h>
#include <SerialFlash.h>
#include "effect_waveshaper.h"

AudioSynthWaveform waveform;
AudioEffectWaveshaper waveshaper;
AudioOutputI2S output;

AudioConnection patchCord1(waveform, 0, waveshaper, 0);
AudioConnection patchCord2(waveshaper, 0, output, 0);
AudioControlSGTL5000 audioAdaptor;

float WAVESHAPE_EXAMPLE[17] = {
};

void setup() {
  AudioMemory(40);
  audioAdaptor.enable();
  waveform.begin(1.0, 200.0, WAVEFORM_SINE);
  waveshaper.shape(WAVESHAPE_EXAMPLE, 17);
}

void loop() {
}

I've spent a lot of time on this project so It would be a shame to get stuck now. Thanks for any help.

The link is malformed and repositories doesn't indicate a place for it: github.com/dxinteractive/Tee...ster/README.md

Do you hear the difference between
Code:
and
Code:
AudioConnection patchCord1(waveform, 0, output, 0);

Tested on T3.6 and T4.0 with I2S DAC, waveshaper definitely works okay and I can hear the difference between the pure sine wave and waveshaped tone. It has no controls except the shape array (which you can change dinamically if you want), so I'm not really sure what you're up to :D

Thanks for taking time to try that out for me.

Yes I've tried the sketch with the patchcord going straight through also and it sounds exactly the same. I've also tried altering the array pretty drastically but there are no changes.

Another example of my issue is with the reverb and freeverb effects. They can be applied just fine but they always have maxed out parameters and I cannot change them. It will sound like im paying in a cathedral regardless of wether I set example.roomsize(); to 0.01 0r 1.00 or anything inbetween.

I'm thinking these issues may be something to do with my lack of an audioshield. Maybe I2S is needed or something. I can't find any more information regarding how the library works.

I think I will buy a 4.0 & shield and use the 3.2 for a simpler project instead.

Thanks for having a look.

Do you hear the difference between
Code:
and
Code:
AudioConnection patchCord1(waveform, 0, output, 0);

Tested on T3.6 and T4.0 with I2S DAC, waveshaper definitely works okay and I can hear the difference between the pure sine wave and waveshaped tone. It has no controls except the shape array (which you can change dinamically if you want), so I'm not really sure what you're up to :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back