Teensy 3.2 with usb-c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuhian

Hello,

I'm currently designing a custom PCB for the teensy in order to create a midi controller.

I would like to use an usb-c connector instead of the usb micro. I am not a usb expert so I would be glad if someone has some answers to these questions ^^

I have been reading that the CCs pins should be pulled-down with a 5.1k resistor. That would initiate the OTG HOST mode on the other side the link (here my computer). Can you confirm that ?

Plus in the schematic the pin PTA1 from MK20 chip and the PTA6 pin from the MKL02 chip are both connected to the 4th pin of the USB-connector which is the ID pin. The latter does not exist in the USB-c. I'm not sure what to do with those pins ? Should they be connected to the ground ?

Thanks for you help !

Plus in the schematic the pin PTA1 from MK20 chip and the PTA6 pin from the MKL02 chip are both connected to the 4th pin of the USB-connector which is the ID pin. The latter does not exist in the USB-c. I'm not sure what to do with those pins ? Should they be connected to the ground ?

Just leave those pins unconnected. Or connect them to each other, but to nothing else.

Long ago there were tentative plans to someday implement USB host and maybe OTG on Teensy 3.2. But now that we really do have USB host on Teensy 3.6 and 4.0, I can say with confidence we'll never support non-device mode on Teensy 3.2. That signal will never be used, so there's no need to wire it up.

Years ago, Andrew did get UHS30 running in host mode on Teensy 3.2 (or maybe it was 3.1...), but he didn't make any use of that signal either, at least as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back