Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Atmel Qtouch and Qmatrix

Atmel Qtouch and Qmatrix

Hello!

I am curious if anyone out there has tried getting Teensy to work with the Atmel Qtouch or Qmatrix touch sensor chips?

I am making a QT1481 touch sensitive board (Qmatrix methodology) and am going through the available Qtouch AVR libraries from Atmel, but if someone has already made progress, it would be super helpful!

Thank you!
    Tenkai

The Teensy support for touchRead() is so good that adding another device to do capacitive seems like it would only complicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by pictographer View Post
    The Teensy support for touchRead() is so good that adding another device to do capacitive seems like it would only complicate things.
    as far as I know the Teensy 4 processor does not support touch pins at all, so you can't use the touchRead library,
    plus the Qmatrix allows 64 touch pads, which is way far of the possibilities of the previous Teensy boards

Quote Originally Posted by tenkai View Post
    I am making a QT1481 touch sensitive board (Qmatrix methodology) and am going through the available Qtouch AVR libraries from Atmel, but if someone has already made progress, it would be super helpful!
    Tenkai
    I would like to use the Atmel AT42QT2640, are those libraries usable with Arduino/Teensyduino? because I haven't seen nothing 'open'