Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 797

Thread: Teensy 4.1 Beta Test

  1. #401
    Senior Member+ KurtE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,899
    My order went in, but during the crunch, before MaxRequestWorkers was updated.

    So the page reset and as such I only had 1 on my order.... Will get more later.

    The good news is even with just the two of them, it already shipped!

  2. #402
    Senior Member+ mjs513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,329
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtE View Post
    My order went in, but during the crunch, before MaxRequestWorkers was updated.

    So the page reset and as such I only had 1 on my order.... Will get more later.

    The good news is even with just the two of them, it already shipped!
    Mine as well. Robin and Paul are doing this all by themselves and still gets shipped same day! At the same time Paul is developing the T4.1! Amazing

  3. #403
    Senior Member+ mjs513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,329
    Ok all. Since its safe to post pictures now going to post a pic of a RA8876 on a new breakout board I am planning on using for display tests. Has room for a ILI94 88 and a ILI9431 (both on are SPI1 but with different DC/RST/CS pins - NICE WORK KURT!). One has a tristate buffer. Also has room for a Adafruit 320x240 ST7789 and I threw on there room for a QWIIC adapter board for the heck of it: This shows one of the versatilities of the T4.1 since you don't have to play with underside pins
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0199.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	20064

  4. #404
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    281
    Well I'm having issues ordering one Teensy 4.1 and two PSRAM, under the payment I can type the credit card number no problem but as soon as I click - Place This Order Now
    this shows up in red:
    A communication error occurred with the credit card processing site (intuit.com). Please try again later. Or email a screenshot (without card number) to paul@pjrc.com if this problem persists.

  5. #405
    Senior Member+ defragster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    11,765
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs513 View Post
    Mine as well. Robin and Paul are doing this all by themselves and still gets shipped same day! At the same time Paul is developing the T4.1! Amazing
    Mine also marked as shipped/label created. I got in without a rush and just ordered 2 for now to see how long 'supply lasts'.

    Robin and Paul have done this a few times now and seems to have made sure all was ready before opening the flood gates - even with today's challenges

  6. #406
    Senior Member PaulStoffregen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris O. View Post
    this shows up in red:
    Please delete your card number & 3 digit security code, and then email me a screenshot with all the other fields visible.

  7. #407
    yay ordered mine! any info on the coordinates of USB pads?

  8. #408
    Congratulations! Site seems totally fine as well.

  9. #409
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Roma (IT, EU)
    Posts
    336
    Does anyone know which EU reseller will be first to stock 4.1? Can't wait!

  10. #410
    Senior Member+ MichaelMeissner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ayer Massachussetts
    Posts
    3,744
    Quote Originally Posted by XFer View Post
    Does anyone know which EU reseller will be first to stock 4.1? Can't wait!
    Up thread, sstaub mentioned:


    When I posted this, they had 193 in stock.

  11. #411
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Roma (IT, EU)
    Posts
    336
    Thank you Michael! Just ordered!

  12. #412
    Anyone know if Loader 1.48 on mac should work? My beta board isn't being detected.

    I've made a PR to add the Teensy 4.1 board to CircuitPython here: https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/pull/2883

    If someone has time to verify it works ok, that'd be awesome.

  13. #413
    Senior Member+ defragster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    11,765
    Quote Originally Posted by tannewt View Post
    Anyone know if Loader 1.48 on mac should work? My beta board isn't being detected.

    I've made a PR to add the Teensy 4.1 board to CircuitPython here: https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/pull/2883

    If someone has time to verify it works ok, that'd be awesome.
    T_4.1 is barely in TD 1.51 - requires edit to boards.txt to remove commented preview.

    For best and current T_4.1 usage and support : Install the TD 1.52 Beta 4 posted on that thread.

    TD 1.52 with goal of final release bits for T_4.1 expected soon AFAIK

  14. #414
    Senior Member DD4WH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    618
    My T4.1 beta test board also is stuck with USPS in San Francisco since April 24th . . .

    I just ordered two T4.1 at exp-tech (32 EUROS each, thanks for the hint, sstaub & Michael), I bet those will be here quicker than the beta board ;-).

  15. #415
    Senior Member+ defragster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    11,765
    Quote Originally Posted by tannewt View Post
    Anyone know if Loader 1.48 on mac should work? My beta board isn't being detected.

    I've made a PR to add the Teensy 4.1 board to CircuitPython here: https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/pull/2883

    If someone has time to verify it works ok, that'd be awesome.
    On the BETA T_4.1 here >> Win 10 using TD 1.52 B4 loader with the HEX on github it uploads and "H:" opened up showing this for directory contents:
    Code:
     Volume in drive H is CIRCUITPY
     Volume Serial Number is EC21-0000
    
     Directory of H:\
    
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          .fseventsd
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                 0 .metadata_never_index
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                 0 .Trashes
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                22 code.py
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          lib
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                97 boot_out.txt
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM    <DIR>          System Volume Information
                   4 File(s)            119 bytes
    
     Directory of H:\.fseventsd
    
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          .
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          ..
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                 0 no_log
                   1 File(s)              0 bytes
    
     Directory of H:\lib
    
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          .
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          ..
                   0 File(s)              0 bytes
    
     Directory of H:\System Volume Information
    
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM    <DIR>          .
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM    <DIR>          ..
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM                12 WPSettings.dat
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM                76 IndexerVolumeGuid
                   2 File(s)             88 bytes
    
         Total Files Listed:
                   7 File(s)            207 bytes
                   9 Dir(s)       7,297,024 bytes free
    Not sure what to do next … but that looks promising.

    And SERMON - pressed 'Enter'/Send and it shows:
    Code:
    Adafruit CircuitPython 5.3.0-184-g90bd93180-dirty on 2020-05-11; Teensy 4.1 with IMXRT1062DVJ6A
    >>>

  16. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by defragster View Post
    Win 10 using TD 1.52 B4 loader with the HEX on github it uploads and "H:" opened up showing this for directory contents:
    Code:
     Volume in drive H is CIRCUITPY
     Volume Serial Number is EC21-0000
    
     Directory of H:\
    
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          .fseventsd
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                 0 .metadata_never_index
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                 0 .Trashes
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                22 code.py
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          lib
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                97 boot_out.txt
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM    <DIR>          System Volume Information
                   4 File(s)            119 bytes
    
     Directory of H:\.fseventsd
    
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          .
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          ..
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM                 0 no_log
                   1 File(s)              0 bytes
    
     Directory of H:\lib
    
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          .
    01/01/2098  12:00 AM    <DIR>          ..
                   0 File(s)              0 bytes
    
     Directory of H:\System Volume Information
    
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM    <DIR>          .
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM    <DIR>          ..
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM                12 WPSettings.dat
    05/11/2020  02:09 PM                76 IndexerVolumeGuid
                   2 File(s)             88 bytes
    
         Total Files Listed:
                   7 File(s)            207 bytes
                   9 Dir(s)       7,297,024 bytes free
    Not sure what to do next … but that looks promising.
    Awesome! Thank you so much. I edited the pin mapping as well but it can be fixed later. I mainly just wanted to verify that the flash chip works which you are verifying that CIRCUITPY shows up. Will move forward with checking it in. Everything else should just work the same as Teensy 4.0.

  17. #417
    Senior Member+ defragster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    11,765
    Quote Originally Posted by tannewt View Post
    Awesome! Thank you so much. I edited the pin mapping as well but it can be fixed later. I mainly just wanted to verify that the flash chip works which you are verifying that CIRCUITPY shows up. Will move forward with checking it in. Everything else should just work the same as Teensy 4.0.


    I see :: h:\code.py holding :: print('Hello World!')

    Should that show somewhere ? Serial1?

    Anything I can do to see more?

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by defragster View Post


    I see :: h:\code.py holding :: print('Hello World!')

    Should that show somewhere ? Serial1?

    Anything I can do to see more?
    That should show up in the USB serial automatically unless you are in the REPL with the >>> prompt. You can do ctrl-d to get out of the REPL and back to auto-running code.py on save.

  19. #419
    Senior Member+ defragster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    11,765
    I was using TyComm as Sermon and ENTER got me to the >>>

    Note: opening IDE TeensyPorts does not recognize the T_4.1 CircuitPython - but it does come up on IDE SerMon for Com26 where Enter shows:
    Code:
    Auto-reload is on. Simply save files over USB to run them or enter REPL to disable.
    
    Press any key to enter the REPL. Use CTRL-D to reload.
    Adafruit CircuitPython 5.3.0-184-g90bd93180-dirty on 2020-05-11; Teensy 4.1 with IMXRT1062DVJ6A
    >>>
    Read about MU install :: learn.adafruit … installing-mu-editor
    Opened the code.py and edited and saved. Sent a Ctrl+D::
    Code:
    Press any key to enter the REPL. Use CTRL-D to reload.
    Adafruit CircuitPython 5.3.0-184-g90bd93180-dirty on 2020-05-11; Teensy 4.1 with IMXRT1062DVJ6A
    >>> 
    soft reboot
    
    Auto-reload is on. Simply save files over USB to run them or enter REPL to disable.
    code.py output:
    Hello World!
    Hello World! T_4.1
    
    
    
    Press any key to enter the REPL. Use CTRL-D to reload.
    Seems seems alive … what's python

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by defragster View Post
    I was using TyComm as Sermon and ENTER got me to the >>>

    Note: opening IDE TeensyPorts does not recognize the T_4.1 CircuitPython - but it does come up on IDE SerMon for Com26 where Enter shows:
    Code:
    Auto-reload is on. Simply save files over USB to run them or enter REPL to disable.
    
    Press any key to enter the REPL. Use CTRL-D to reload.
    Adafruit CircuitPython 5.3.0-184-g90bd93180-dirty on 2020-05-11; Teensy 4.1 with IMXRT1062DVJ6A
    >>>
    Read about MU install :: learn.adafruit … installing-mu-editor
    Opened the code.py and edited and saved. Sent a Ctrl+D::
    Code:
    Press any key to enter the REPL. Use CTRL-D to reload.
    Adafruit CircuitPython 5.3.0-184-g90bd93180-dirty on 2020-05-11; Teensy 4.1 with IMXRT1062DVJ6A
    >>> 
    soft reboot
    
    Auto-reload is on. Simply save files over USB to run them or enter REPL to disable.
    code.py output:
    Hello World!
    Hello World! T_4.1
    
    
    
    Press any key to enter the REPL. Use CTRL-D to reload.
    Seems seems alive … what's python
    Great! I just merged the PR and will release CircuitPython 5.4.0-beta.0 here shortly with support.

  21. #421
    Senior Member vjmuzik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou View Post
    I did some tuning experiments with your NativeEthernet.
    • increased ethernet ring buffers from 2 to 5 in port/cpu/fnet_cpu_config.h. No change in TCP Tx or Rx performance
    • reference manual says ENETx_MRBR should be multiple of 64 (NXP SDK uses 0x600), but changing it in port/netif/fec/fnet_fec.c had no effect on TCP performance.
    • in NativeEthernet.h increased FNET_SOCKET_DEFAULT_SIZE from 2048 to 4*1460, T4.1 TCP recv increased from 60.5 mbs to 78.4 mbs and TCP xmit increased from 45.2 mbs to 92 mbs!

    I also successfully ran a simple UDP multicast test.
    I kept the default numbers to match the number of sockets and socket size that the normal Ethernet library gave the w5500. In reality the numbers can be anything the user wants though, of course the trade off is extra ram usage. I gave FNET 64k of heap to start with, depending on how big your socket sizes are you do have to increase this as well. As it stands with the default numbers the sockets take up 32k by itself for a total of 96k in DMAMEM already used up. Iíll make some overloaded functions later so those numbers will be configurable by the sketch instead of having to edit the library.

  22. #422
    Senior Member+ manitou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by vjmuzik View Post
    I kept the default numbers to match the number of sockets and socket size that the normal Ethernet library gave the w5500. In reality the numbers can be anything the user wants though, of course the trade off is extra ram usage. I gave FNET 64k of heap to start with, depending on how big your socket sizes are you do have to increase this as well. As it stands with the default numbers the sockets take up 32k by itself for a total of 96k in DMAMEM already used up. I’ll make some overloaded functions later so those numbers will be configurable by the sketch instead of having to edit the library.
    Understood.

    another question: in my test sketch doing tcp_send(), it connects, sends data and does client.stop() and then delays 5 s and does the connect again. Watching the packets, it takes 25 seconds before a new SYN packet is sent by T41 to restart the data transfer ?, and often a SYN packet is never sent. sketch just keeps saying connection failed. Similarly, example WebClientRepeating, connects OK once, then just keeps sayin "connecting..." ...

  23. #423
    Senior Member vjmuzik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by manitou View Post
    Understood.

    another question: in my test sketch doing tcp_send(), it connects, sends data and does client.stop() and then delays 5 s and does the connect again. Watching the packets, it takes 25 seconds before a new SYN packet is sent by T41 to restart the data transfer ?, and often a SYN packet is never sent. sketch just keeps saying connection failed. Similarly, example WebClientRepeating, connects OK once, then just keeps sayin "connecting..." ...
    Found the problem and just committed a fix for this.

  24. #424
    Just ordered 2 T4.1 units and am eager to fabricate my motherboard. Can someone confirm that the USB header pins are offset by 3.00 mm and staggered by .05 in from the I/o pins?

  25. #425
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    285
    @Paul - Congratulations. The T4.1 is looking like a winner same as your other creations I am getting ready to order the full monty and have one question about the the 8 Meg flash chip for the T4.1. I saw this Winbond part number in the picture of the PSRAM and Flash chip on the WEB site. It was 25Q128JVSQ. Searching the internet seems to only come up with availability from ebay. I searched the forum and saw other part numbers being ordered. I want to make sure I order the right one for the T4.1. Is there other sources or part numbers for the same flash part? Would this give 8 meg of flash in addition to the existing 8 meg on the T4.1 for a total of 16 meg?

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •