[SUGGESTION] Modulation/tuning input to string generator

kd5rxt-mark

I am making great progress on what I call my Teensy MIDI 2-voice 12-poly synth, which allows the use of multiple simultaneous waveform generators (high compliments to Paul & everyone else who helped to develop these awesome capabilities). It also includes modulation (via LFO), filtering (w/ LFO) , & envelope capabilities, but these are not pertinent to my actual question.

As part of the design, I make use of a DC generator input into one of the mixers to act as a "fine tuning" input to the waveformMod generators used for all of the waveforms. This works great & allows tuning this simple synth to real world instruments (piano, etc.). I have recently included an additional string device to each voice, but there does not seem to be any way to make use of the previously described "fine tuning" input for the strings.

[SUGGESTION] Would it be possible (& does it even make sense) to add a tuning (or possibly modulation) input to the string generator ?? I was just reading another post where the string instrument is anticipated to be particularly difficult to mod with some of its hard-coding of sample rate, etc. so I'm not sure if this is even possible.

Thanks for your consideration.

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

I should clarify the 2nd paragraph as follows (the first & third paragraphs stand as they are):

As part of the design, I make use of a DC generator as one input into a mixer. This mixer then feeds the modulation input on all of the waveformMod generators that I use for the main voice waveforms. Used in this way, the DC generator acts as a "fine tuning" for the waveforms. This works great & allows tuning this simple synth to real world instruments (piano, woodwinds, brass, string instruments, etc.). I have recently included an additional string device to each voice, but there does not seem to be any way to make use of the previously described "fine tuning" input for the strings (no modulation input). Having a modulation input on the string device would also allow for string vibrato effects using the pitch wheel.

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Where would I find the source for these audio library objects ?? It might be above my pay grade, but I thought I'd take a look & see if I can understand enough to create a StringModulated object myself.

Pete:

Thanks for the pointer . . . I will have a look. I found the audio library very easy to understand & even easier to use in implementing my TeensyMIDIPolySynth. If I succeed in the modification, it will make a good addition to an already stellar library !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Back