Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: How to connect Teensy 4.0, HC-05 and MPU9250

How to connect Teensy 4.0, HC-05 and MPU9250

Hi,

i am wondering if someone tried using Teensy and Bluetooth module HC-05? I want to read the values from accelerator sensor MPU9250 and send them via
    Bluetooth but the module HC-05 actually runs with 3,6-6V and the Teensy 4.0 supports only 3,3V.

Any ideas?

This is my wiring so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wiring.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	19808

The power source is the USB. I somwhere read "in the internet" that it should be possible to use only 3,3V but i want to be sure before buying the components.

Thx a lot.

I've also seen posts that for HC-05 3V3 should be enough. NCS, SDA, SCL pullups for the MPU9250 are on the module, I guess?

If I was you I would always foresee the ability to power cycle those modules from the Teensy. I guess the draw of the MPU9250 is low enough to simply provide VCC directly from a Teensy port -- but if it's a module check for an additional LED. For the supply of the HC-05 you would need a transistor (or a separate LDO with EN input) in between the module and the power control port.

You don't need the INT from the MPU9250 nor the EN from the HC_05?

Kind regards,
    Sebastian

Hi,
    I've used a HC-05 connected to a Teensy 3.6 and powered directly from VIN (5V). The logic pins are 3.3 V. Some HC-05 modules have a button for forcing them into AT mode - that will make life easier for you. You can leave EN floating.