Teensy 4.0 Ventilator Circuit Control (DC Motor Driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dscollins

Hi Guys,

I am new here but definitely excited to get started on my first project!

I am working with some colleagues to develop an open-source ventilator solution. One piece of the puzzle we are working on is creating a closed-loop pressure control regulator. The current design configuration uses a Voice Coil Actuator (effectively a DC motor), with positive current turning a pneumatic servo-valve "ON" and negative current exhausting the gas to the atmosphere. Zero current is an idle position.

I think we want to use a Teensy 4.0 combined with an H-bridge to perform closed-loop pressure control on the pressure circuit. We want to use a PID control strategy to ultimately control the final pressure output. The feedback signal will be a pressure sensor output stage. Finally we want the tunable variables to be stored in flash memory on the Teensy 4.0.

With that said, I am a bit stuck on the code side of things. I am very new to the Arduino family and I am curious as to where to start.
Thanks

Dan

Great project, a bit generic at the moment.

Try breaking down the various steps "as seen by the Teensy" and it would be easier to suggest things.
For example: which kind of signal do you have from the pressure sensor? Analog, I2C, ..?
Also be aware that Teensy 4 has 3.3v logic level and is not 5v tolerant.

As to store variables in flash memory, you may know EEPROM lib already, but repetita juvant :)
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_EEPROM.html

Teensy 4.0 is not listed yet, but it has 60KB of EEPROM where you can store your variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back