Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but the same application using the Audio Library compiled on both 1.5.1 and all betas of 1.5.2 fine, but when being programmed by 1.5.2 the teensy doesn't work.

Any infos on this?

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but the same application using the Audio Library compiled on both 1.5.1 and all betas of 1.5.2 fine, but when being programmed by 1.5.2 the teensy doesn't work.

Any infos on this?
No, as long we don't have at least a minimal Information what "don't work" means. Have you tried 1.53 or 1.54?

Excuse my blurry explanation: simple instructions, as setting a pin low for example in the setup() function were not executed (along audio instructions). Additionally, to re-program the teensy, I needed to press the reset button. That's what I meant with "didn't work" :p The DSP was/is rather memory-heavy, which may have been the reason. Standard Audio-Passthrough worked as expected.

I just tried to reproduce it with the standard Arduino 1.8.2 application and the Teensyduino 10.8-10.14 installer package, instead of using the bundled application, which seems to work...

It may just be a special case, but I wanted to ask, as the reason didn't seem clear to me, and maybe someone else encountered the same problem.

...Arduino 1.8.2
EDIT: I meant the standard Arduino 1.8.12.
As good as it was working before, the patched Arduino.app suddenly decided to not start anymore (not leaving me any logs whatsoever), which led me to fully uninstall the standard Arduino application and do a clean re-install.

Again i used the 1.5.2 beta 4 installer but now it gives me the same results on the patched standard Arduino and the standalone Teensyduino.
Meaning:
-Compiled w/ Teensyduino 1.5.1 works on Teensy
-Compiled w/ patched Arduino 1.5.2b4 & Teensyduino 1.5.2b4 "freezes" the Teensy.

I would like to help but for that I would need to know what to look out for.
And like I wrote I'm using it with an Audio Library Object which is on the heavy side of memory usage. So this may (or may not) have something to do with it.

At a minimum, we need to fully reproduce your issue.
So we need a (possibly minimal) code sample which causes the issue on your side; along with build options. By the way, did you try different build options (say "Smallest Code" vs. "Fast" vs. "Fastest" or the other way around)?

Is there more information about "Use standard (not low power) ADC mode"
is it just teensy 4.x that is affected? or will it change performance of 3.x ADC as well?

I just ran the "timeTeensy3" example on a Teensy 4.0 with teensyduino 1.52 beta4. I was expecting the off by one hour error to be gone, but I still see it. I am on a Mac with Catalina. Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 12.44.09 PM.jpg

I just ran the "timeTeensy3" example on a Teensy 4.0 with teensyduino 1.52 beta4. I was expecting the off by one hour error to be gone, but I still see it. I am on a Mac with Catalina.

Worked on Win 10 - there is now a TD 1.52 B5 release - if possible install and confirm there, not that any changes were done but it will be on current thread to confirm. About to install that here and will check.

I just ran the "timeTeensy3" example on a Teensy 4.0 with teensyduino 1.52 beta4. I was expecting the off by one hour error to be gone, but I still see it. I am on a Mac with Catalina.

Just as a check, in the Teensy Loader, does Help -> About show 1.52-beta-4 or better? I know it sounds unlikely, but there was an earlier case where someone had upgraded, but was still running an older copy of the loader. Assuming of course that there's a separate Teensy Loader program on a Mac; I've read that the Teensy stuff is a little different on a Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back