UsbHost, device send messages but does not receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mah

Hi, i have a beatstep connected to teensy via usbhost, no extra circuitry just gnd, 5v, d+ and d- stright from teensy to beatstep, the pads and knobs send midi to the teensy it works fine, but i cant seem to send midi from teensy to beatstep, the weird part is it worked for a couple of hours last night, but nothing now. if i can receive from the usb device, i should be able to send to it, right?
Teensy is set up as midi+serial

i copied this from the example files:
Code:
#include "USBHost_t36.h"
USBHost myusb;

USBHub hub1(myusb);
USBHub hub2(myusb);
USBHub hub3(myusb);
USBHIDParser hid1(myusb);
USBHIDParser hid2(myusb);
MIDIDevice midi1(myusb);

And then i send midi like this:
Code:
midi1.sendNoteOn(44 ,127 , 10);
also tried with just
Code:
midi1.send(44 ,127 , 10);
but it wants 4 arguments, tried putting a 1 and 0 as first value but still nothing.

Last edited:
Yes, i mentioned i set it as midi+serial, gonna clarify in my post. and as the teensy can receive midi trough the usb hot port im thinking there error is somewhere else

i changed to a really short usb cable, and i worked until i reset the teensy

Ok, still no luck. i have used the interface_16x16 example just to know that its not my code. When connecting a ableton push mk1 and a beatstep to the usb host on a teensy, and connect the teensy as usb device to a computer running ableton live, the teensy forwards the midi messages from the usb host connected devices to ableton just fine, (they appear on virtual cable 7 for some reason) but when i record those messages in ableton and send them back to push and beatstep(to light up the pads) nothing happens(i tested all ports and virtual cables), i changed the push and beatstep for a arduino with a simple usb midi sketch, and it happily receives the messages sent trough the usb host port

Some progress, if i upload example "interface_16x16" and send midi from ableton to channel 1 on virtual cable 7 and then to channel 10 on virtual cable 7, the device connected to teensy's usb host port starts receiving messages, and lighting up the pads, i can then uppload my own code to the teensy and i works, but if i power cycle the usb hub between the teensy and usb device i have to do this procedure all over again. i guess the example does something im missing, but i find it strange that i first have to send messages to channel 1 before i can send them to channel 10.
------------
testing things while im writing, setting up the beatstep to recive midi on channel 1 made these problems disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back