Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: T4.1 ethernet and usb host pin alignments/dimensions

T4.1 ethernet and usb host pin alignments/dimensions

I think I've got this right but just wanted to get a quick review. Here is a drawing I've done. Any correction needed? I'm assuming all the pins are spaced 0.1"/2.54mm. I plan on making a board that would have the MagJack and USB host connectors on it so would solder (or socket) the T4.1 with all it's pins in place.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pin alignment.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	20076

Ethernet pins are not 0.1" spacing. Check the Beta T_4.1 thread to see for sure but it uses this :: Header, 3x2, 2mm pitch Digikey 1849-1000-ND

for ref : oshpark Teensy 4.1 Ethernet

I believe the spacing of the pins on the ethernet connector is 2mm, not 2.54mm.

Yes, the ethernet connector 2mm spacing and is centered between pins 20 and 21. It also has smaller holes, appropriate for the smaller 2mm pins.

Also, I believe that the vertical (in your drawing) distance between the centers of the USB Host and outside pins is 3mm, not 2.54mm. The pins in that line are offset by 1.27mm as you show.

Thanks guys. Very helpful! I looked at the 4.1 beta thread and see discussion about the 2x3 2mm spacing header but nothing about the positioning of that header on the T4.1 (though it's a long thread so I might have missed it). It looks like it is X aligned (X as in my drawing) between pins 20 and 21. Still not sure about the Y alignment. Looking closely at the photo and measuring it, it appears the center line of the top two holes of the 2x3 header is 2.4mm from the line defined by the center points of pins 20 and 21. See updated drawing. I replaced the header with a 2x3 2 mm spaced one. Hoping someone can verify the 2.4 mm spacing as the photo I measured it from is pretty low resolution. I will fix the hole size once I get the spacing correct (though larger holes might save slight misalignment...).

Name:	pin alignment.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	20078

That matches what I've measured with my (cheap) calipers. Here's a high(ish) resolution photo of my beta board front:

Name:	IMG_7543.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	20079

Thanks! Based on your photo, I think it's 2.5 mm. The ruler is extra helpful. That's into splitting hairs territory but hey, when ya got 'em, split 'em.

I can confirm the center coordinates for these connectors:

USB Host: 500, 170

Ethernet: 600, 475

These are in mils (1/1000 inch), relative to the bottom left corner of the PCB.

Many thanks Paul. Would it be possible to give the dimensions relative to the centre of pin D32 (bottom left hand corner of the Teensy 4.1) as the edge of the board isn't an absolute co-ordinate for those of us making a pcb footprint.
    Also can I assume that the row of pins running from 38 to 27 follow the same convention as the Teensy 4.0. i.e. Vbat, 3.3V GND, Program, On/Off

@PhilB - just FYI, there's a related thread - https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/60846...Ethernet-board

plus

Name:  0820-1X1T-00-F_SPL.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  5.2 KB
    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...aYqXdbGAlwg%3D

and

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/60846...l=1#post238950

Are you planning to have the shield match the 18mm width of the Teensy and locate the RJ45 and USB A on the same side/in the same plane as the on-board micro USB?
    Is that even remotely possible (willing to sacrifice pins)?

Asking for the friend of a friend