Web site could use a few updates :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paul - as mentioned in a different thread: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/49358-T3-6-USB-Host-Bluetooth?p=278928&viewfull=1#post278928

Actually for all of the Serial ports for a CTS pin you can use any pin that is an XBAR pin
The attachCts method knows about this and sets up the XBar plus the Hardware Serial.

This is also true for RX pin for serial ports. However on any Serial port you can only use an XBar for either CTS or RX but not both...
Yeah, I think I knew that, but I didn't recall it. It looks like pins 0-5, 7-8, and 30-33 are the Xbar pins. It would be helpful if the Serial library page mentioned this.

Which pins that have XBar capabilities is different for T4, T4.1 and soon (I think) MMOD Teensy...

T4 I believe is: Top: 0-5, 7,8 Bottom: 30-33 SDIO: 34-39
T4.1 Top: 0-5, 7, 8, 30-33, 36, 37 SDIO: 42-47
I think MMOD is same as T4 here.

On pjrc.com/teensy/loader.html it hasn't been updated for T_4.x:
Step #2: The Teensy Loader Application
The Teensy Loader program communicates with your Teensy board when the HalfKay bootloader is running, so you can download new programs and run them.
Update: Teensy LC & 3.x are supported by Teensyduino.

Similar but only up to 3.0 on: pjrc.com/teensy/loader_mac.html
Using The Teensy Loader on Mac OS X
Update: Teensy 3.0 is supported by Teensyduino.
updated for Teensy 3.0. Please install Teensyduino to use Teensy 3.0.

This page hasn't been updated past Teensy 2.0: pjrc.com/teensy/teensyduino.html
How Does Teensy 2.0 Compare With Arduino?
On May 19, 2012, Arduino Leonardo was released, using the same ATMEGA32U4 chip as Teensy 2.0. Currently no Arduino board offers hardware similar to Teensy++ 2.0.

is there a new supported Flash yet supported on T_4.x bootloader chip

Officially, no, not yet. Only the 2 flash chips from Teensy 4.0 & Teensy 4.1 are supported.

Unofficially, the larger chip from MicroMod might work on a DIY board, but hasn't been tested. I only soldered the programmed chips to Teensy 4.0 and 4.1 boards. I didn't (and still don't) have any virgin MM boards. PJRC will not officially say another flash chip works until I have personally tested it.

As you know, I've been pouring a lot of work lately into support for encrypted flash. The encryption and many supporting parts are working, but I'm currently stalled on erasing in locked mode. When all the encryption stuff is done, I will update and fully test all 4 chips (T4.0, T4.1, MM, DIY PCB). I'm also going to fix the bug where no USB connection in bootloader mode fails to slowly blink the red LED. I'm still considering a long-requested feature to have a bootloader timeout, where it reboots the board to run your program if no PC communication has occurred for some length of time.

Very good - was on my list to ask after this post last month:
Teensy 4.x only supports 3 specific Winbond flash chips: W25Q16JV*IM, W25Q64JV*IM, W25Q128JV*IM. Even the similar Winbond parts which end in "IQ" are not supported and known to not work.

With a lot of bootloader work in progress between MMod and encryption makes sense to see it all fully tested.

The last encryption post was eye opening - extending unlocked with encryption to standard Teensy as well as the locked fuse set option ... Rocky Ground to cover ... good luck.

And a way to restart after accidental Button press sounds welcome without having to repower or other way to restart. Sometimes the Button is hit on purpose to stop execution, so would the restart take another 'Button Sequence' like two long presses or something?

Good you got larger code space with new bootloader MCU's :) - hopefully it isn't getting cramped in there.

I recently ran into a problem where I was trying to change the default ADC reference on a Teensy-LC with the function "setReference(REF_EXT)" and kept getting the error " 'setReference' was not declared in this scope" even when I included <ADC.h>. It turns out "analogReference(EXTERNAL)" works even though all of the documentation here says otherwise.

@RJF:

As recommended to you in the other thread, your report needs a *specific* reference (URL, link, etc.) to where you see the incorrect information. Just trying to use " . . . even though all of the documentation here . . . " does not give any clues on where to look to find the incorrect info.

Thanks,

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

- On a quick google search, Google points to an older version of the Audio GUI in https://www.pjrc.com/tmp/gui/

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_AudioProcessorUsage.html:
AudioProcessorUsage(); Returns an estimate of the total CPU time used during the most recent audio library update. The number is an integer from 0 to 100, representing an estimate of the percentage of the total CPU time consumed.

AudioProcessorUsageMax(); Return an estimate of the maximum percentage of CPU time any audio update has ever used. This function is the most useful for assuring the audio processing is operating within acceptable limits. The number is an integer from 0 to 100, representing an estimate of the percentage of the total CPU time consumed.
The number is a float.

This page: pjrc.com/teensy/td_pulse.html

Has this text that doesn't include T_4.x (T_MM):
Code:
Teensy LC & 3.x support the analogWriteFrequency(pin, frequency) function to easily configure the PWM.

Everything else on that page seems to fully include details for the 4.x - just that one 'statement' above.

Last edited:
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_AudioNewObjects.html:

This needs to be rewritten:
Extra Tips

AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE is a constant that give you the library's nominal sample rate as an integer. Normally this will be 44100.

AUDIO_SAMPLE_RATE_EXACT is a constant that gives you the library's actual precise sample rate as a floating point number. Normally this will be 44117.64706, which can be used to account for the slightly faster speed due to rounding error in creating the clocks from the 96 MHz time base.

Also, the gui shows "blah blah" as descriptions in AudioSynthWavetable ( there is an old unmerged PR, too)

Was reported several times. The whole "Tutorial" and "How to" is for AVR. It even uses Pin 11 for "Blink"...

I noticed recently that the T4.0 and T4.1 pages have several outstanding TODO items. Not sure how important
they are, but it looks messy, better to hide them or fix them I think, they are no longer brand new boards after all.

I noticed recently ... :D ... the library list isn't comprehensive - a copy of the CNMAT / OSC library is in Teensyduino, but isn't mentioned as one of the libraries on the website. Guess there might be more such.

Paul - is there a new supported Flash yet supported on T_4.x bootloader chip - courtesy of Teensy MMOD? for this page :: pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02_t4.html

Officially, no, not yet. Only the 2 flash chips from Teensy 4.0 & Teensy 4.1 are supported.

Unofficially, the larger chip from MicroMod might work on a DIY board, but hasn't been tested. I only soldered the programmed chips to Teensy 4.0 and 4.1 boards. I didn't (and still don't) have any virgin MM boards. PJRC will not officially say another flash chip works until I have personally tested it.

As you know, I've been pouring a lot of work lately into support for encrypted flash. The encryption and many supporting parts are working, but I'm currently stalled on erasing in locked mode. When all the encryption stuff is done, I will update and fully test all 4 chips (T4.0, T4.1, MM, DIY PCB). I'm also going to fix the bug where no USB connection in bootloader mode fails to slowly blink the red LED. I'm still considering a long-requested feature to have a bootloader timeout, where it reboots the board to run your program if no PC communication has occurred for some length of time.

Is it time for this update yet? One user has used the 16MB Flash and it was ID'd as T_MM.

That user and another based on FLASH chip chosen recently posted about Upload issues and had to work to resolve them - which your post helped get done:
Flashing-4-1-code-on-a-board-with-a-4-0-bootloader-chip
and
Bootloader-Chip-For-Teensy-4-0

Doc for resolving that as in those posts seems appropriate.

Click the asterisks and you will get a pop-up description. The same for anything that has a dotted underline.

Ah, that's good, but alas rather hard to spot - can it be hover-text, or at least coloured link-blue? Normally for notes like this
in datasheets its placed as a footnote to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back