Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: New Teensy 4.1 not recognized by Teensy loader

New Teensy 4.1 not recognized by Teensy loader

I've had no trouble with Teensy 4.0s. Plugged Teensy 4.1 into USB (tried several that worked before and after with Teensy 4.0), orange LED blinks. Press the button, red LED comes on, but Teensy loader does not indicate presence or activate the Program UI button. Tried several USBs, several times, Teensy 4.0s always work.

Tried board reset by holding button for 15 seconds, until red LED blips. Now board has no orange blink. It will enter bootloader (red LED) if I press the button, but same Teensy loader behavior. macOS 10.15.4. Teensy loader 1.48.

It needs the latest beta 1.52 beta 6 to use t4.1.. official release version should be released in the next few days

Ah, thanks, makes sense. Is that available for Mac publicly somewhere? I scoured around and could not find it. I found Teensyduino 1.52 beta 6, but not Teensy Loader.

Teensyduino includes Teensy Loader (in Windows it's "teensy.exe" under Arduino/hardware/tools, don't know about Mac sorry).

Thanks for the tip, I found the Mac app in Contents/Java/hardware/tools, and was able to successfully load CircuitPython 5.4.0-beta.0

new official 1.52 is here... https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

The stand alone Teensy Loader hasn't been updated. That's next on my list. But for MacOS 10.15 it is not yet set up to be notarized by Apple (without the rest of Teensyduino), so it's not as simple as just putting only a subset of the Teensyduino files into their own archive. Catalina makes everything a bit more complicated....

Thanks, Paul. It's all good. We can direct 4.1 users on Mac to the Teensyduino package for now.

Ok, I've uploaded the 1.52 stand-alone Teensy Loader for Macintosh.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader_mac.html

Please give it a try on your Mac and let me know how it works? If you click Teensy > About, it's version 1.52, and of course should know how to talk to Teensy 4.1.

This copy is Apple notarized & stapled, so it's supposed to run on Catalina without any security warnings other than the usual notice you downloaded it from the internet, even if you run it when your internet connection is down (without the staple Catalina phones home to Apple to check if it's ok to run). I have only one Mac running Catalina, so I'm really depending on feedback from Mac users.

It worked exactly as expected. Thank you!