Arduino IDE 1.8.12 and Audio library trouble - 'FLASHMEM' does not name a type

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogre

I'm working on a amateur radio project that uses the Audio library and I'm getting "'FLASHMEM' does not name a type" error when trying to verify in IDE 1.8.12
Backed up to make sure the .ino for the projects isn't doing anything weird, and tried to verify one of the Audio examples and receiving the same error.
Downloaded IDE 1.8.9 and everything works, examples and the project .ino.

Complete error message from the Part_1_02_Hardware_Test example but is roughly the same for all sketches that I tried IIRC:

C:\Users\jason\Downloads\arduino-1.8.12-windows\arduino-1.8.12\portable\sketchbook\libraries\Audio-master\output_spdif.cpp:56:1: error: 'FLASHMEM' does not name a type

FLASHMEM

^

C:\Users\jason\Downloads\arduino-1.8.12-windows\arduino-1.8.12\portable\sketchbook\libraries\Audio-master\output_spdif.cpp:357:1: error: 'FLASHMEM' does not name a type

FLASHMEM

^

Error compiling for board Teensy 3.0.

With the board changing as the target board is changed.

Windows 10 bare metal install build 1909
Arduino 1.8.12 from arduino.cc
Teensyduino 1.51 from pjrc
Audio library https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio
Target board 3.6, 3.2/3.1, 3.0, 4.0 - tried multiple boards (verify only)

I'm fairly certain I've eliminated any mistakes on my side but that is always a possibility.

I've gotten the .ino to compile with 1.8.9 but wanted to throw this out there if I can help debug with 1.8.12 or to see if I'm doing something incorrectly.

Or if there is a better place for a bug feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back