[posted] Yet another laptop keyboard with Teensy

warren

Just another laptop keyboard converted to USB. Recycled materials only :)

IMG_20200515_130443.jpg

IMG_20200515_160232.jpg

IMG_20200515_170523.jpg

IMG_20200515_194831.jpg

IMG_20200515_194852.jpg

IMG_20200516_123652.jpg

IMG_20200516_123659.jpg

• Dell Inspiron 1420 Latin-american Spanish keyboard
  • Teensy-LC (code)
  • A peace of floating floor and screws

Hope you like it!

Wow, that's a really nice build. Did you use a router or milling machine to cut those slots?

I'm glad you both like it! :)

Oh no, I own very rudimentary tools, I used a couple of rusty chisels to carve the slots. I must confess that I'm not happy with the quality of the work but I was in a hurry to have a functional (and conformable) keyboard though I was surprised with the overall looking. Maybe in the future I will re-do it with proper tools and more time.

I've added links in my Instructable to this post and to your repo so others can see an excellent example of how to build a keyboard base with basic woodworking tools. You've also done a nice job cleaning up the code.

I've added links in my Instructable to this post and to your repo so others can see an excellent example of how to build a keyboard base with basic woodworking tools. You've also done a nice job cleaning up the code.

Thank you so much! :) Without your excellent tutorial and circuit diagram I'd have never been able to even start the project so a big big thank you for you!

Thanks for posting the USB Laptop Keyboard Controller writeup on the PJRC website. I have one correction; The beautiful wood base was made by Warren, not by Frank Adams (aka thedalles77). It should read "In his post to our forum, you can see a beautiful wooden case that Warren made using basic carpentry tools..."

I have also built wood bases for keyboards but I'm not as handy with a chisel as Warren so I resorted to using multiple sheets of thin plywood that were cut with a jigsaw and glued together.

Back