Are there other stores that sell the psram chips?

MichaelMeissner

Senior Member+
I was updating the unofficial wiki (https://github.com/TeensyUser/doc/wiki/Flash-Memory) on Flash and psram memory, and I added a section for psram sellers:

While PJRC.COM works for those of us in he USA, it isn't the most convenient for non-USA folks. I was wondering if there are any other links to vendors that sell these elusive chips?

As Paul mentioned, there is a possibility that there will be variants of the Teensy 4.1 that includes psram and possibly flash pre-soldered on to the Teensy. But until that happens, it might be useful to maintain lists of the different vendors.

Last edited:
Hi MichaelMeissner,

Is there any simple sketch to test the psram and flash after they been soldered?

I've seen the long thread about T4.1 but would nice to have a simple sketch to see they are connected.

It's possible to desolder it from the ESP32 Boards, if you need it fast and are outside of USA.
Frank you stole my idea;)
I am in United States but the post office so slow I order one from East Coast Adafruit NYC.
ESP32-WROVER-B Module - ESP32 with PSRAM Module
TEENSY 4.1 PSRAM.jpg
I was jealous of you ladies and gentlemen's playing with the PSRAM :cool:

EDIT:
Now my player has 2 Megabytes (2097152 Bytes) buffer and plays beautiful:eek:
uint8_t SD_MusicDataPSRAM[2097152] EXTMEM;

Last edited:
just noticed your aliexpress link is broken.

i just ordered this one: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000218445956.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d3xopP4
and hope it will work :)

Sorry about that. They changed around the quantity and such. Here is an updated link for the English speakers:

FWIW, I put in the order on May 6th, and as of May 22nd, it was still in a facility in Hangzhou, China.

we maybe should add compatible chip models too.

I recently learned these PSRAM chips are actually made by AP Memory. Their part number is APS6404L-3SQR-SN.

http://www.apmemory.com/html/product_psram.php

But buying the AP Memory chips seems to be quite difficult, and pretty much impossible for individuals. The only distributor carrying the AP Memory part is Rutronik24. Their part number is ICDRAM2037.

https://www.rutronik24.com/search-result/qs:ICDRAM2037/reset:0

Every indication I can see is Rutronik don't actually stock it. They have a 3000 piece minimum. Lead time looks like 10 or 12 weeks. Worse yet, Rutronik doesn't offer pricing unless you register. I registered. Apparently they don't allow individuals to register, only companies. A salesperson from Rutronik actually called me, which was quite a surprise. They did eventually give me a price. I'm not going to share that specific number since it's clearly meant to be confidential, but I will say their 3000 piece price with 2+ month wait is higher than buying 1000 pieces via Aliexpress.

I tried to get a quote from them, they explained that the "in stock" count is a "placeholder" and they have to order it too.
And you have to order 3000 at least. The price was about 0.55 Euro but i don't think i will order 3000 pcs.

I ordered at Electrodragon (see #1). Takes the usual 2-3 weeks to Germany. Other than this, everything worked without problems.

I ordered today at exp-tech.de, they had some in stock. They should arrive tomorrow including the teensy 4.1 :)

I ordered the ones from Aliexpress above, $8 for 10. Took 13 days to arrive to UK. Just soldered two to each of my 4.1. All working ok with 16MB tests passed :)

I ordered today at exp-tech.de, they had some in stock. They should arrive tomorrow including the teensy 4.1 :)

Could you give us a link to the exp-tech.de page with the psram?

FWIW, I put an order into Aliexpress.com on May 6th. Evidently it left China on May 21st, and I haven't seen any update to the tracking status since then. But I do get ads from aliexpress.com to buy more stuff since then. :)

Mine arrived today with the Teensy 4.1. Seems that they did not have many in stock after all. I ordered only 4.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I was over at Adafruit today looking at new products, and it looks like Adafruit will soon be selling the PSram chip. Hopefully their distributors, particularly outside the USA, will also pick it up:

<edit>
As of Tuesday, Adafruit now has stock of the psrams.

Last edited:
Back