Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 3.5 broke (?)

Teensy 3.5 broke (?)

My Teensy 3.5 board stopped working. Computer doesn't detect it, when I power it there's 0V on GND pins, and 3.3V on 3.3V pins, but all other pins are at approx. 0.12V according to my multimeter (I don't have a scope). The strangest thing is that it was working before I put it on the shelf, it was lying there untouched for approx. a month and now it's not working. I checked USB cables and tested everything on 2 different computers just to make sure, got the same result. Do anyone has any idea what could have happened?

Are you using the same USB cable used previously ?? Did you try a different cable (in case you grabbed a charging-only cable - no data lines) ??

Very odd and not understandable from the info presented ... Not sure where a T_3.5 is - but expect when I found it after however long it would power up working.

First guess is a visual inspection against a PJRC published image [ Card or pjrc.com ] to make sure no components got knocked off or damaged. Luckily no bottom components to sorry about ...

Is anything soldered to the Teensy?

<edit> I left before posting before - now cross posted.
    Seems it isn't making 3.3V output - so something is not right on the board it seems? Any help if powered and holding the 'Button' for "15" seconds then release to do a Restore to blink? Time is measured say 14-16 seconds for triggering that.

to be precise, in case I worded it confusingly - the 3.3V otuput pins are 3.3V... the IO pins float around 0.12V

I tried resetting and it didn't work...
    and I'm not the most eagle-eyed person, but I can't see any physical damage to the board

Opps - misread - 3.3V where expected is good.

Restore : I have had to try it a couple times in the past to get back to blink. T_4.x with Red LED is nice to see progress/timing - T_3.5 a bit more trials sometimes.

If plugged in holding button - then short pause - release - does it register as 'in bootloader' on Teensy Loader? Then time and hold 15 seconds for Restore?