Teensy 4.1 wiring connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdgraham

While soldering pins onto my Teensy 4.1, I ran into an issue: I accidentally soldered the V_in pin to the pad next to it. In the picture linked below, this is the top-right pin, which I soldered to the neighboring pad.

https://forum.pjrc.com/teensy41_2.jpg

I appear to have removed the solder connecting them, however my multimeter still reports that they're connected. Is the V_in pin internally connected to the pad next to it? And if so, it doesn't matter whether or not they're soldered together anyways, right?

While soldering pins onto my Teensy 4.1, I ran into an issue: I accidentally soldered the V_in pin to the pad next to it. In the picture linked below, this is the top-right pin, which I soldered to the neighboring pad.

https://forum.pjrc.com/teensy41_2.jpg

I appear to have removed the solder connecting them, however my multimeter still reports that they're connected. Is the V_in pin internally connected to the pad next to it? And if so, it doesn't matter whether or not they're soldered together anyways, right?

You should be OK. The two rectangular pads are VIN & VUSB. They are connected to each other with a very fine trace, which is there to allow cutting in case you want these two supplies connected independently. I believe the rectangle that you accidentally soldered to the top-right pin (5V pin) is actually the VIN pad, so your pad & pin are in fact connected to each other anyway.

Good luck & have fun !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

You should be OK. The two rectangular pads are VIN & VUSB. They are connected to each other with a very fine trace, which is there to allow cutting in case you want these two supplies connected independently. I believe the rectangle that you accidentally soldered to the top-right pin (5V pin) is actually the VIN pad, so your pad & pin are in fact connected to each other anyway.

Good luck & have fun !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

That sounds great, thank you! I'm also glad to hear the explanation of the pads as well. I saw that you need to separate the 2 pads if you plan to use a battery but I was curious why and when.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back