Teensy 4.1 USB Host pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myreauks

Hi!

I have searched the PJRC site and the forum, but have found no information on the pinout of the Teensy 4.1 USB host pins. There was no information either on the 4.1 pinout card supplied with the board.

If I want to use a generic USB female port instead of the PJRC USB host cable, how should I connect the pins? I have attached an image to make clear which pins I am talking about.

Best,
Miro

Screenshot 2020-05-30 at 11.32.39.png

Thanks Paul!

Silly me, didn't occur to me to check the underside of the board.
The most obvious place is always the last to come to mind.

Although, I must say that it wouldn't hurt to have it on the backside the pinout card like in Teensy 4.0.

Best,
Miro

Perhaps this board is the easiest way to mount a USB type A connector to the board?

Capture.PNG

Paul

Thanks Paul!

Silly me, didn't occur to me to check the underside of the board.
The most obvious place is always the last to come to mind.

Although, I must say that it wouldn't hurt to have it on the backside the pinout card like in Teensy 4.0.

Best,
Miro

I am pretty sure that is the plan, but with Covid19 constraints it is just Paul and Robin, and they are pretty busy. Hopefully in the not too distant future, they will be able to catch up.

Compared to the Teensy 3.6, the one thing that 4.1 doesn't have is solder pads under the Teensy to control whether the VIN pin is connected to the 5v pin on the USB header.

As far as I can see, the Teensy 4.1 does have the solder pads:
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Or did you mean something different?

Regards,
Paul

PJRC.com resells the following cable that can be used:

Compared to the Teensy 3.6, the one thing that 4.1 doesn't have is solder pads under the Teensy to control whether the VIN pin is connected to the 5v pin on the USB header.

Yes, that cable is always a good choice for fast prototyping and when space is not an issue. But as I mentioned in my original post, instead of the cable I want to use a plain USB port. In my case the reason is portability and minimal space consumption, but I am sure there are others who prefer just a USB connector without the cable itself for various reasons.

I am pretty sure that is the plan, but with Covid19 constraints it is just Paul and Robin, and they are pretty busy. Hopefully in the not too distant future, they will be able to catch up.

Absolutely, that is totally understandable. Just getting the 4.1 released in the current situation is an achievement in itself.

-Miro

As far as I can see, the Teensy 4.1 does have the solder pads:

Or did you mean something different?

Regards,
Paul

T_4.1 does have the trace to cut VIN<>VUSB.

re:
Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMeissner

What the T_3.6 had room for on the underside that the T_4.1 does not is the Pads to select USB :: Host versus Device power cut/solder pads.
teensy36b.jpg
teensy41_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back