LC: any way to get slower clocks as in T3.2?

XFer

Hi,

always struggling with power budget, I would like to run the LC at less than 24 MHz (I don't care about USB).

T3.2 has 16/8/4/2 MHz, LC has not.

It there a way to add slower speeds to the board definition?

Thanks

It there a way to add slower speeds to the board definition?

Sure, just edit {Arduino}/hardware/teensy/avr/boards.txt

Looks like we already have the support code in mk20dx128.c to implement those speeds. But of course that code should be considered untested.

Teensy LC @ < 24 MHz should be an excellent MCU for low power applications (without USB serial, using battery) in active mode (and also in deepsleep mode).

This benchmark shows i <= 2.0 mA on Teensy 3.2/3.5/3.6, so on Teensy LC it would problably run with less current.

So, please implement Teensyduino support for Teensy LC at clock frequencies < 24 MHz, like the Teensy 3.2.

I have enabled 8 Mhz and 2 MHz in boards.txt and tried a few sketches on the LC.

Powered at 3.3v by Vin with Vin-Vusb cut:

Run @ 48 MHz = 11.8 mA
Run @ 24 MHz = 9.3 mA
Run @ 8 MHz = 4.3 mA
Run @ 2 MHz = 1.5 mA

Unfortunately, the Snooze library does not compile at 8 and 2 MHz:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Snooze\src/hal/TEENSY_LC/SnoozeUSBSerial.h: In member function 'SnoozeUSBSerial::operator bool()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Snooze\src/hal/TEENSY_LC/SnoozeUSBSerial.h:59:16: error: 'usb_configuration' was not declared in this scope

return usb_configuration && ( usb_cdc_line_rtsdtr & USB_SERIAL_DTR ) && ( ( uint32_t )( systick_millis_count - usb_cdc_line_rtsdtr_millis ) >= 15 );

so it's actually not very useful.

Snooze builds fine with T3.2 @ 8 MHz.

This is with Arduino IDE 1.8.12, TD 1.52, Snooze 6.3.8

Back