Patch Teensyduino Core Library

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to this github code made for the Teensy:
https://github.com/dogtopus/RDS4Reboot

It says the following:
For Teensyduino IDE users, there are two ways to install the patched library. One way is to run scripts/makepatch.sh and apply the generated patch file using the patch tool to an existing Teensyduino core installation. The other way is to directly replace the core library of a working installation with the patched version. Then you might want to edit the boards.txt in a similar fashion as this (with necessary changes like replace USB_XINPUT with USB_DS4STUB and so on). For PlatformIO users, it is possible to use the companion script hosted here and follow the instruction here. Afterwards add -DUSB_DS4STUB -UUSB_SERIAL to the build parameters.

After patching the Teensyduino core library just download and install RDS4Reboot normally.

I see it has instructions (kinda) but I am not quite sure what "scripts/makepatch.sh and apply the generated patch file using the patch tool to an existing Teensyduino core installation" means. Can someone offer guidance or perhaps some documentation I need to read to do this?

Well I just decided to rip out the old installation and install the new on to v1.52. Now I am trying to replace all of the USB_XINPUT with USB_DS4STUB. Though I cannot them in my boards.txt so I am going to figure that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back