USB Joystick Remapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDBenson

Hi, I am investigating the best recommendation for achieving the following:

I am building a touchscreen hardware remapping tool for HID joystick controls to allow me to flexibly and cleverly remap and manipulate multiple game controller inputs to a single USB game controller output with clever logic in the middle. To do this I have a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with a 7” touchscreen and a Teensy 4.1. I know the Teensy has USB host and can speak serial comms via I2C or SPI to the Pi. I have wittled my options down to 2 different approaches:

1) Let the Pi handle the bulk of the remapping logic via Python and treat the Teensy as a dumb I2C device that just spits what you tell it to put out to the USB joystick library and behave as a USB game controller.

2) Use the Teesy as a USB Host AND a USB game controller device and let it do the remapping logic and simply program it and read it’s status using commands via I2C from the Pi (the Pi would also be able to send controller commands so the touch screen can be used as a controller)

Which will work, and which is recommended?

PS, does the teensy use 3.3V or 5V I2C?

PPS I’m not using this to cheat at games, I’m actually using it to allow complex control schemes for Farming Sim 19 and other sims so I can better simulate modern tractor cab controls, for example.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back