Teensy 3.6 with RA8875 5" BuyDisplay TFT, limited pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry not sure how much I can help. There are lots of things included here that it is harder to know where things my go south.

My initial advice is to to try to extract this down bare minimum that demonstrates the issue. That is can most of the code be #ifdefed out such that the only required hardware and libraries is the display and display library? Or at least not require lots of other stuff and libraries.

That is what I will typically try to do when thing are not working for me... I also add in lots Serial prints, plus setup to toggle or HIGH/LOW several debug pins, and watch for their state using Logic Analyzer or the like. Example when it is non-responsive is your main loop() function being called? If I have pin 13 available I often might add a toggle of this pin at the start of loop so I can see if it being reached.
Also if I get crashes, I will sprinkle in lines like: Serial.print("Before Input Ready");Serial.flush(); // make sure it gets out
And then see where it gets to.

I do see you have a heartbeat led function, ... So maybe you already have some of this covered.

Also if this is a modified version of previous code, make sure you don't have some spurious pinMode or digitalWrite of some what was previously unused IO pin that you were using for debug and now you are using for something else.

Not sure what else yet. If you do have a reasonably self contained version that dies/hangs I will try to take a closer look.

Good luck!

Fully understand that Kurte, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack at midnight! The heartbeat LED stays off and when I have my sensible head on again I will try to break it down. My feelings are that it is to do with SPI because that is the only thing different to a previous TFT that I used.

It may be that I could have some success converting to I2C but then it will not compile with the SPI library commented out.

Will ponder further. It would be a real shame if it isn't possible to use the display. Many thanks again, those like your good self are worth your weight in gold!

First quick test was to incorporate SPI.h into a working system with an OLED. That compiles and loads with no apparent detriment to anything else. I will keep tinkering.

Next test was to remove the speed restriction from begin.tft... No difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back