Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Custom / DIY Teensy 3.2 board files

Custom / DIY Teensy 3.2 board files

I finally got around to write up my experience making a DIY board based on Teensy 3.2: https://github.com/jenschr/Teensy3.2-example

It has files for Kicad 5 and uses a USB Type C connector. Hope it's useful to others!

Looks great, thanks for posting this!

Great to see another example.

It's good practice to put decoupling capacitors tight to power pins. For example, MCU pins 7&8 are some distance from a capacitor.

Thank you friend for linking to DIY Teensy 3.2 board files

Quote Originally Posted by jonr View Post
    MCU pins 7&8 are some distance from a capacitor.
    True. The board works well with this layout, but C4 should certainly be moved to Pin 7 & 8. Oversight on my behalf
    I updated the Kicad files to implement this change.

Sorry to sound so picky, but pin 1 of U3 has the same problem. Maybe move C1 down there.

Quote Originally Posted by jonr View Post
    Sorry to sound so picky, but pin 1 of U3 has the same problem. Maybe move C1 down there.
    Nahh. It's all good feedback. C1 is the 10uF cap on the power input, so I added a new cap next to the MLK20 power pins and posted it back to the Git repo. I'm making a board for a customer using this design right now, so I'm putting it in there as well to test ;-)

J

Thanks for sharing, actually i also like the FeatherWing proto in your Github repo.

Quote Originally Posted by mstiller View Post
    Thanks for sharing, actually i also like the FeatherWing proto in your Github repo.
    Glad it's of use
    The FeatherWing board is based upon this board so also a confirmed design. It's quite useful with NeoPixels, though Teensy is better for anything with a large amount of pixels.