It won't compile to a Teensy 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed

Error asks me to add the Teensy 3.5 to the Boards Library.
My friend has been able to compile and run this sketch without issues.
I've gone as far as loading everything onto a recently acquired and clean computer but I'm getting the same errors.
I'm lost!!
Please have a look.
Thanks.
Alex
Arduino: 1.8.11 (Windows 8.1), TD: 1.52, Board: "Teensy 3.5, Serial + MIDI, 120 MHz, Faster, US English"

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/CP_Firmata.h:17:0,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/Adafruit_Circuit_Playground.h:25,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/Adafruit_CircuitPlayground.h:3,

from C:\Hurdy Gurdy\Digi Gurdy\Teensy\DGcodeV77newScreenNewSong\DGcodeV77newScreenNewSong.ino:1:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_Circuit_Playground/utility/CP_Boards.h:746:2: error: #error "Please edit CP_Boards.h with a hardware abstraction for this board"

#error "Please edit CP_Boards.h with a hardware abstraction for this board"

^

Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_GFX.h"
Used: C:\Program
Not used: C:\Users\Alex\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_GFX_Library
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.5.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Which board did your friend compile the code for?
CP_Boards.h doesn't appear to know about the Teensy 3.5. It only has Teensys up to T3.2.

Pete

I watched him compile/ load to a Teensy 3.5.
However, since posting my question, I have tried a slightly older sketch and it WORKS!
Now to figure out where the difference (glitch) is.
Sorry to not have tried this before (4 days ago when all this trouble began).
This is my first Arduino project though I have actually built (very early) computers years ago.
Thanks for your input, Pete.
Alex

There is an oddity in the output here:
Code:
Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_GFX.h"
Used: C:\Program
This implies that you have a copy of the file Adafruit_GFX.h in C:\Program instead of in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries directory. Is it supposed to be in C:\Program ?

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back