Can AudioZero Library be modified to play 12bit audio on Teensy LC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtos

I would like to use the 12bit DAC on the Teensy LC (or if not able, the 10bit DAC on Arduino Zero), to play 12 bit - 22khz RAW audio from a serial flash chip like windbond's W25Q128 or W25Q256.

I used Arduino WaveShield to play a lot of audio at 12 bits 22khz and it sounds much better than 8 bit. The files are 16bit but truncated to 12bit from my understanding. Lower noise flower/less hiss in files.

Is there a simple way to modify the AudioZero library to change to a custom bit depth? or will there be RAM issues etc? I really need a cortexM0 or better.

This port of AudioZero to Teensy LC may not be everything you want, but it's probably a better starting point than having to port the library from scratch.

https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/AudioZero

Recent versions of the regular Teensy audio library now have some very limited support for Teensy LC. Again, probably not everything you want, but maybe worth another look if you're used to the older versions which didn't have any Teensy LC support?

OK, I'll take a look. I mostly just need to use Flash memory, and try to get 8bit to 12bit audio if possible. Multi-sound playback at same time is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back